JP
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 5, 2006
- Messages
- 1,103
- Reaction score
- 13
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
- Detector(s) used
- Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have my open water scuba license. I have been trying to find the answer to a question that I have been wondering about.
The dive tables for recreation diving start at 35 feet. When calculating to figure your pressure group, the chart says to use the closest available depth.
What if you were diving at 10 or 15 feet? Are there time limits? At what point does one worry about too much nitrogen in the blood.
I have looked over all my PADI books and can't find the answer to my question.
I received my certification back in 1987. I don't remember if we went over this type of question.
The dive tables for recreation diving start at 35 feet. When calculating to figure your pressure group, the chart says to use the closest available depth.
What if you were diving at 10 or 15 feet? Are there time limits? At what point does one worry about too much nitrogen in the blood.
I have looked over all my PADI books and can't find the answer to my question.
I received my certification back in 1987. I don't remember if we went over this type of question.
J, I've had my open water since 1974 and like you, I can't remember the limits. Just call a local dive shop they should be able to tell you the limits. I really don't think there are any for that shallow of a depth tho. I hope your not diving by yourself as even at only a few feet Sh** happens!
) provides an additional one atmosphere of pressure on the body. 









