shallow water diving

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done the diving thing alone down to about 45 feet in freshwater a number of times. I aways had a spare regulator, 13 cu. ft. pony bottle and a Spare Air in my BC. I did it also when I used Hookah. Not smart, but I would never do it alone in saltwater.

What's really stupid is diving under the ice for sunken snowmobiles even when you have a rope attached to ya. I don't ice dive anymore.

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I have done shallow water diving alone many times. I always have someone on top though.
I know it is not good but sometimes you just can't find anyone to dive with.

Les

trubl1096

Oct 17, 2006
Landlocked
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x/ Aquapulse/ WHITE'S II
I dive alone several times a year. I studied it though books and solo diving course. I don't follow all the recommendations from it because the more things you have hanging from you, the harder it is to move, and the easier it is to get tangled.

Even when I do dive with someone I usually don't want to look or dig in the same areas. We all want to find our own stuff. I know the diver is there in the water with me but I don't see them only just a few times during a dive.

My deepest solo dive is 55 feet. This is a area I frequent alot.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
yes i dive alone because there no one around that metal detects. are when i find someone , most the place i dive are old one and i like to keep the old suff to myself. i do put the dive flag out, but as we all know the boaters come by to see what the flag is for.

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
I started SCUBA when there weren't any other divers around, so we were trained to be self-sufficient. The areas I dove regularly ranged 10'-30' (the 'pond scum').
Gord

S

sailrunner

Usually dive alone when water is under 25 ft..over 20 yrs. Have had no problems to date.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sailrunner said:
Usually dive alone when water is under 25 ft..over 20 yrs. Have had no problems to date.

Hey sailrunner,

Thanks for your input ;)

And thanks for all others input ;)

Next trip to FL, I may rent out some gear & beach dive ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread