What's new

Shards and Bromo Seltzer bottle 1-20-2014

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did pretty well this weekend finding 4 shards, one is a rim piece, and a nice Bromo Seltzer bottle. And when I was raking the sand one of the larger shards along with the broken canning jar lid came up together lol 100_7565.webp back side 100_7564.webp100_7567.webp

Rock, as you can see my camera is not taking good pics either so we in the same boat ;-)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some good finds, I like that cobalt blue glass:icon_thumleft:your pics look good.
 
Some good finds, I like that cobalt blue glass:icon_thumleft:your pics look good.

monsterrack, the bottle was lodged bottom end out between a log and some grass, I just knew when I was pulling it out it would be broken due to all the cobalt glass among other colors I find every time I'm out there and was real happy to see it all there. Now I have two of those, the first one was in the creek when we first moved here in 1993. That shard bottom right matches a much larger piece I found back in the Summer...maybe someday I will have enough to piece it together.
 
NCPeaches...is the printing on the bromo seltzer upside down?

Nope it's not, now you got me wondering why do you ask? lol also, it has a 7 on the bottom whereas the one I found in 1993 has a 16, don't know if that means anything or not though.
 
good finds,real nice cobalt
 
You should put the bottle in the glass section I bet they would enjoy seeing it. Very nice finds. I found a cork top today but it was just the neck of the bottle and above.
 
Hey there :) those are real nice peaches thanks for sharing them.....and yes, you should also post the beautiful blue bottle in the glass section! We found a bunch of small bottles and I posted them there a while back. Isn't it so exciting to make finds!? I'm so happy for you! :hello2:
 
It sure is nice having females that enjoy this hobby. It would be very boring if only a bunch of guys was in this forum. All of you bring some interesting things for us to view, I say thank you.
 
I like any colored glass. I have been digging a bottle dump all winter and wonder what in the world to do with them. That cobalt is very nice. The canning lid is most times broke.
:hello:Liking that pottery Peaches. Fun hunt you had.
 
I like any colored glass. I have been digging a bottle dump all winter and wonder what in the world to do with them. That cobalt is very nice. The canning lid is most times broke.
:hello:Liking that pottery Peaches. Fun hunt you had.

I have only found one unbroken canning lid. Sure hope I didn't toss the other half to the last one I found.
 
Nice little bottle there NCpeaches!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom