What's new

Sharing my recent newbie finds...

DBugR

Jr. Member
Joined
May 8, 2005
Messages
36
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Goodlettsville, TN
I just joined this forum for MD, but am really glad to see a place to talk about my new favorite hobby. I'm seeing some really nice finds here. Here are some misc. stuff I found last Sat. Happy huntin'!

Two nice shaft scrapers near bottom right.
 

Attachments

  • Gallatin Points 2 87k.webp
    Gallatin Points 2 87k.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 649
Upvote 0
I really love seeing those old relics. Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to many more posts!

vicki
 
nice finds
were did you find them? in a middin? or just the perfect flint radar? haha
H.H. searcher
 
a middin(sp?) is an indian trash/point manufacturing mound that usually has a bunch of squareish pink/red/grey/white rocks piled together. i'll try and get a pic. of one near me, later today...lol alot of serious point hunters dig these...
searcher
 
here's the pic of the middin i promised! kinda small but is real... someone has dug into the middle of it, and the owner has cleared the sotol(sp?) off of it for some reason...? the biggest middin i've worked is 100+ ft in diameter, has trees growing all in it. has only been dug by hand...!
searcher
 

Attachments

  • small burnt rock middin.webp
    small burnt rock middin.webp
    61.5 KB · Views: 548
Wow! that would be really great to find. A middin that is. I'll be trying to figure how I can come across one of those. Cool pic too!

I found these in a field between two creeks that had recently been plowed. What stinks is that the week after that my friend went out there and found a complete point bout 2.5". Then another friend found a perfect point and a perfect drill point or bird point.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom