What's new

Sharps ringtail

cmthunder

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
854
Reaction score
2,331
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to find this Sharps ringtail in my Bullet books. Can’t find good match.
Closest is #117 in Thomas book.
Nothing very close in McKee Mason book.
L-1.098
D-.505
G-462.971
Found in Western Md Cavalry battlefield.
Thanks for any help.
311F79DC-6F1C-49FB-8042-970A64EEEC03.webp
AE9D7738-B92A-4820-90E9-80F997B343A9.webp
E73E4D22-8E78-4B7D-A263-7EA082CAE73C.webp
541AB5B4-4816-4C31-B123-5BB01EB8EA32.webp
1FCDFABC-C0B0-440C-B1E7-D97184FD4A93.webp
 
Upvote 2
I think it is a fired .52 cal Sharps "old model" pattern.
D. .538, L .1.08, W. 465. Check your diameter at a different spot and see if it is bigger.
 
I think it is a fired .52 cal Sharps "old model" pattern.
D. .538, L .1.08, W. 465. Check your diameter at a different spot and see if it is bigger.
Checked diameter on all rings and .505 is highest I get. Do agree fired, can see where it’s worn down on two sides. Can you lose that much when fired?
Cannonballguy would know!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom