Sharpshooter has landed!

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the T2 with the new sharpshooter coil for a spin. All I can say is WOW! I was hunting a park this morning for only a couple hours. I know that everyone has heard the story/cliche about swinging a newly purchased machine over an area that was hunted by an old machine and finding stuff that the old one left behind. Well this is a bit different. I have hunted this big park for a few years now. Like most parks, there are areas that are more trash filled than others. I have used an Xterra 705, DFX, MXT Pro and now a T2se LTD with the NEL sharpshooter coil to hunt many different areas of the park.
Today I hunted around the basketball court which I knew was surrounded by new and old pull tabs from attempting to hunt it before. The previous machines that hunted this area did okay. I am still learning the T2 so I left the sensitivity at the default of 60, set disc at 5, and 3 tones. I was blown away at how fast this T2 responds/separates the signals. I dug dimes in between foil/trash at 5" with solid tone and dead on TID. Nickels were a solid 58 within 4". Beyond that, could be nickel or pull tab if not steady at 58. Quarters were easy, but are to most machines anyway. Pinpoint is laser like and depth was pretty accurate.The way this machine picks through trash is nothing short of amazing.
Sorry about the long-winded story, just happy with my decision to purchase the T2 and the NEL sharpshooter coil.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! I hope the new coil helps you find piles of goodies!!!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine never comes off my t2. It seems to separate even better in 2+ especially in ghost town type settings with lots of nails. And it sure make swinging easier than the big coil.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A T2 with a NEL Sharpshooter Search Coil is a perfect match. Good depth, great separation and it handles EMI well. Once you put the Sharpshooter Coil on, it will never come off! It gets amazing depth in the 'boost mode' and does a great job picking the good stuff out of trashy sites when worked slowly.

tabman

OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am curious to see how the 5" coil will perform. I have that coil as well as the stock 11". This T2 is so fast at distinguishing targets. I could swing this thing all day and my arm would not get tired.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am curious to see how the 5" coil will perform. I have that coil as well as the stock 11". This T2 is so fast at distinguishing targets. I could swing this thing all day and my arm would not get tired.

The 5 inch coil works great when working a very small trashy area. The T2SE without DST is very sensitive to EMI and the Sharpshooter coil does a much better job handling it than the larger 8 x 11 stock coil does. With the Sharpshooter coil you cover about the same amount of ground with each sweep, it gets just a little less depth, it pinpoints faster and it separates better. Once you start using it you'll see why people recommend it so highly.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread