What's new

She looks good after a long winter!

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get out for the first time this year. On a nearby field. We got about 3 inches of rain last night which melted most of the snow. Sure was suprised to see a silver coin in the dirt. Was hoping for a half reale but I will take it non theless. Almost had a heart attack though when I saw it was a 16. No D, but hey whatcha gonna do? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • dime.webp
    dime.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,173
  • dime2.webp
    dime2.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,152
Upvote 0
Sweet silver. That'll shake the winter blues off quickly.

Kepp Swinging...
 
:thumbsup: nothing like the glint of silver in the hole...Congratz! !
 
Nice dime! Man that would be $$$ with a D and that condition :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice find. It must have been in the ground for a hundred years. Those teens Mercs are usually nearly worn slick.
 
Don't see many 1916's in that shape. Imagine if it did have the 'D'?

Happy to hear that you got out. I'm just now starting to feel that the end is near for the snow. Hopefully within a week I'll make my 2011 debut?

Congrats on the silver.

Brian in MA
 
I got out this weekend too.Had to hunt in RI though.First day of year got me a nice 1900 Barber dime and a bent .925 ring.Saturday was a bust,did a little beach hunting at misquamicut beach.My machine and myself have not been to score big at beaches yet.Machine 1 year old this month(Fisher F-70).Sunday I went back to park where I found the Barber.I managed 1 wheatie('34D) and a bit over $4.00 in clad.I need to start doing a little recon around here this week to see where the snow melted.Congrats on a silver score :icon_thumright:
 
good looken merc :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks for all the nice comments. She would be worth a pretty penny for sure with a D mint mark. It wasnt in circulation long thats for sure.
 
Like others have said, in that shape with a D you would have been in high cotton.
Congratulations anyway.
 
That's good you can dig. We're still a long way from getting out here.
 
Nice merc , she looks brand new. :thumbsup:
 
Close call, that D would have melted all the snow... Nice find. Arty
 
Dang, how come I cant get that many responses so fast!!! Never mind My last post was of over 3 pounds of Lead!!! LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D Sweet Silver there Chug!!
 
I will take a Merc in that good of shape any and everyday of the week with a smile on my face :) Grats and Happy Hunting!
 
I don't think you have forgotten how to use that detector Jesse-LOL. Excellent start to 2011 with a high grade coin. HH, Quindy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom