What's new

Shell Artifacts

  • Thread starter Thread starter archaeon
  • Start date Start date
A

archaeon

Guest
Here are some shell artifact surface finds from local shoreline middens.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 044 (Small).webp
    Picture 044 (Small).webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 659
  • beadinsitu3.webp
    beadinsitu3.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 617
  • beadinsitu2.webp
    beadinsitu2.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 641
  • celtcase.webp
    celtcase.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 623
  • BM 005.webp
    BM 005.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 648
  • bighammer.webp
    bighammer.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 607
  • Picture 049 (Small).webp
    Picture 049 (Small).webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 628
  • Picture 048 (Small).webp
    Picture 048 (Small).webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 618
  • Picture 047 (Small).webp
    Picture 047 (Small).webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 644
  • Picture 046 (Small).webp
    Picture 046 (Small).webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 625
  • Picture 045 (Small).webp
    Picture 045 (Small).webp
    28 KB · Views: 646
  • beadinsitu3.webp
    beadinsitu3.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 608
  • beadinsitu2.webp
    beadinsitu2.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 621
  • celtcase.webp
    celtcase.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 586
  • case3.webp
    case3.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 628
  • BM 005.webp
    BM 005.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 621
  • bighammer.webp
    bighammer.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 632
  • Picture 049 (Small).webp
    Picture 049 (Small).webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 626
  • Picture 048 (Small).webp
    Picture 048 (Small).webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 618
  • Picture 047 (Small).webp
    Picture 047 (Small).webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 633
  • Picture 044 (Small).webp
    Picture 044 (Small).webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 641
  • Picture 045 (Small).webp
    Picture 045 (Small).webp
    28 KB · Views: 647
  • Picture 046 (Small).webp
    Picture 046 (Small).webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 633
Upvote 0
thanks archaeon... ive seen them where they put the kill hole to get to the meat...never thought of using them for a hammer...great idea though....very cool stuff :thumbsup:
 
Incredible stuff there- I with some of the organics from this area were preserved!
 
some shots of plummets
 

Attachments

  • Picture 115.webp
    Picture 115.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 292
  • Picture 114.webp
    Picture 114.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Picture 113.webp
    Picture 113.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Picture 110.webp
    Picture 110.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 330
  • Picture 108.webp
    Picture 108.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Picture 107.webp
    Picture 107.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture 106.webp
    Picture 106.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Picture 104.webp
    Picture 104.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 334
Yes indeed. Very nice Shell Plummets.

We find a lot of Plummets here, but they are all hardstone like Hematite, Sandstone, or Granite.
 
We don't get many shell artifacts here in Illinois. I have found a handful of beads in a creek once. But man those plummets are AMAZING!
Keep the shell artifacts coming.

StevenX
 
Killer Shell pieces Archaeon ! I'm sure some of them are effigies, you just need to look at them a little closer and beef up your imagination!!
 
yes rockman :D, i have thought they were baseball effigies at one time or another...you know, million year old neanderthal clovis baseball bats :wink:
 
archaeon said:
yes rockman :D, i have thought they were baseball effigies at one time or another...you know, million year old neanderthal clovis baseball bats :wink:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Now you are talking!!!!
 
WOW!!! What awesome photos. Thanks Guys. I can't wait until I find a bead someday :D
 
TomClark--Awesome finds...I know this is a little off topic, but please explain how you found
yourself with the "one of a kind relic" Christopher Walken.

T.
 
few texas pieces
 

Attachments

  • DSC03861.webp
    DSC03861.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC03711.webp
    DSC03711.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC04018.webp
    DSC04018.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC03861.webp
    DSC03861.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC03711.webp
    DSC03711.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC04018.webp
    DSC04018.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 252
really good thread, any more pics of shell stuff?
 
Great pics and a great thread, come on Tom I know you have a few more to post! :thumbsup:
 
DANG! That last display case is GREAT! I just sat here for I don't know how long staring at all the cool stuff in there, then I started to get a kink in my neck, then I realized saliva was just about ready to overflow the banks at the exact same time I realized what a stupid look I must have on my face..... not too many things in this forum can make me do that anymore!! Thanks for sharing!
 
It's not very often I'm speachless! (just ask the Hubby. :D) I'm flabergasted! We just don't find this kind of material around here. :o

Cannon here's my extra napkin for you! :D
 
Awesome thread with great photographs. I have one little shell thing.......I'll see about posting it sometime. It would just be a distraction among some of the super pieces shown here.

Thanks for the thread,

spot
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom