nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's still a lady to me!

For the past couple of weeks, I've been working an area that has been pounded hard in the past. I've been lucky to find a few nice wheaties, and even one silver Rosie. The wheaties that I've been finding have been fairly deep, so I went back today and just concentrated on the deep signals. The first fairly deep signal was at 7 inches, so thought that I have a wheat for sure. Wrong! It was just a deep memorial cent. Kept going, and got this wierd signal on the old DFX, and it registered at 8 to 9 inches. But the reading kept jumping from 88 to 90. Wasn't real sure what this meant, so decided to dig it anyway. Boy am I glad I did. Dug down to about 8", and there was nothing in the plug. Checked the hole, and the signal was much stronger now. Went down another 3 inches, pulled out the dirt and checked it again. The coin was in the dirt. Started breaking up the clods, and out popped the dirty old lady. She's battered, and bruised, and only god knows her real age, and how many blocks she has been around, but she's still a real beauty to me. My first Standing Liberty.

Attachments

• Standing Liberty.jpg
    Standing Liberty.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 711
  • Standing Liberty a.jpg
    Standing Liberty a.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0
Re: She's still a lady to me!

know how you feel. found my first one this year after 15 yrs tectin. WTG

Ohhhhh, she's pretty! Congrats! Think of her mileage! -Noodle

warsawdaddy said:
Noodle said:
Ohhhhh, she's pretty! Congrats! Think of her mileage! -Noodle

I automatically do that Noodle,whenever I meet a lady!

Ah, 'Daddy, don't you know she's doing the same thing! ????? :D :o :icon_scratch: :-* :-*

Congrats on your first SLQ. It's a find you will never forget! :thumbsup:

A good majority of found SLQ's don't have dates. Yours may be between 1917 and 1924, because starting in 1925, the dates on the SLQ's were recessed, giving them more protection from wear.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

She is a nice Lady, Congrats

HH,Ringfinder

Incredibly beautiful lady indeed! Congrats on a gorgeous find!

Captn_SE said:
Congrats on your first SLQ. It's a find you will never forget! :thumbsup:

A good majority of found SLQ's don't have dates. Yours may be between 1917 and 1924, because starting in 1925, the dates on the SLQ's were recessed, giving them more protection from wear.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks for the info. I was just looking it up in my Red Book when your post came in.

Congrats on that first SLQ, Neb! :icon_pirat: Date or not, she's still a keeper! :thumbsup:

Way to go! 8) Nana :wink:

What do you mean by the "Old DFX" ? I bet that old baby will treat you to a few more silvers if you treat it right...LOL...Great find buddy. Congrats. I hope my DFX rings out like that next spring! :thumbsup: jgas

Neat find, congrats!!!

Even if we don't know her real age she is still a good looker :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats :thumbsup:

G1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back