She’s ugly but she mine

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Out on a old spot with a buddy today, kinda slow going, he pulled up 2 smoked KGII’s , some clad and tons of “relics” all I found was a memorial, lots of “relics” and a bucket lister I didn’t even know I had. I had a crappy 16 signal on my equinox, I was guessing pull tab or an artfully bent nail but to my surprise a coin popped out, a flying eagle cent. I never really gave too much thought to these coins as I figured I would never find one and if I did it would be toasted. I was right, it was toasted but it’s still cool. The picture doesn’t do it much justice, I can just make out the last two digits of the date “58” with my loop which makes sense.

Attachments

• 5E019DCA-26D2-4F61-8866-02DE84333A21.jpeg
    5E019DCA-26D2-4F61-8866-02DE84333A21.jpeg
    510.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 25A0EC04-5B96-41E6-B4E2-C0A1C70752F3.jpeg
    25A0EC04-5B96-41E6-B4E2-C0A1C70752F3.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 17
Out on a old spot with a buddy today, kinda slow going, he pulled up 2 smoked KGII’s , some clad and tons of “relics” all I found was a memorial, lots of “relics” and a bucket lister I didn’t even know I had. I had a crappy 16 signal on my equinox, I was guessing pull tab or an artfully bent nail but to my surprise a coin popped out, a flying eagle cent. I never really gave too much thought to these coins as I figured I would never find one and if I did it would be toasted. I was right, it was toasted but it’s still cool. The picture doesn’t do it much justice, I can just make out the last two digits of the date “58” with my loop which makes sense.

Congratulations on the flying eagle. I have only found one in 18 years and it was toasted and I hit it trying to get it out of a chunk of frozen dirt. Nothing to look at, but we got one. Good work, stay safe and keep swingin.

Damn ugly! My two Flying Eagle cents we’re in basically the same condition.

aj

Nice job knocking one off the bucket list- Congrats! BTW, in almost 30 years of hunting, I've gotten my coil over 3 of them, all toasted.

Sweet old copper! :occasion14:

Congrats! I found my first just a couple weeks ago!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back