Shhh, dont breath too hard or inhale, it might disappear!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Out today. Didn't expect to go but the misses said you go im not going yabbying im feeling crook.
So I went detecting.
I spent easy near 10 minutes trying to get this on my coil after hearing the tiniest of "pings". And I mean tiny. Is it, isnt it!?
I was about to walk away from it 5 times easy 😆
Guess it shows my stubbornness. 😏
Even on the 6 inch coil im, "what the!?" "Seriously, where are you?" using my finger tip.
Got it finally. 😆 0.02 of a gram.
Now I just need 100,000000000 of those and im living a Rock Star life. Wish me luck. 😆
IMG_20220326_172731_933~2.jpg

Upvote 31
OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Congratulations on the gold
I’m sure there is some more waiting for you
Good Luck
I was dumbfounded that after around 30 yrs that place existed near me!
I was just cruising on a dirt back road to another place.
I was happy just getting that there as it was a beautiful day out.
But Im sure I said "what? Seriously!?" Every time I tried to get it on the coil.
Was fun. 😆

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Your in paradise my friend
That’s a great great way to spend sometime outside
It makes a beautiful day a beautiful beautiful day
It was. I actually saw quite a number of lizards there, which surprised me as other places I recently saw very few. Will have another go this coming week there. Though this time I think ill look for the camp areas for some relics. It may be that there the interest was the gold on the mullock heaps/diggings from the other detectorists there. Will see.
Fingers crossed.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a pretty nice little keeper Chilli, well done sticking to it.
Many times we get a signal, and when it gets to recovering something that small it would be "forget it"
I just washed up a bunch of little dirt clumps of small targets that were in a bucket bottom.
No gold, no silver, but little bits of broken items all under a 1/4"
So looking at your recovery that's crazy small.
Was it on the surface or was it down a bit?

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ant weights .005 grams, so if you were an ant you would have discovered four times your body weight in gold. And seeing as an ant can easily lift four times its body weight, it's more than likely that the first living thing to pick up that nugget may very well have been an ant - a very wealthy ant. I wonder if there is a way to train ants to gather tiny gold nuggets and deliver them to a designated area. Who ever patents that technique will indeed live like a rock star.😄

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ant weights .005 grams, so if you were an ant you would have discovered four times your body weight in gold. And seeing as an ant can easily lift four times its body weight, it's more than likely that the first living thing to pick up that nugget may very well have been an ant - a very wealthy ant. I wonder if there is a way to train ants to gather tiny gold nuggets and deliver them to a designated area. Who ever patents that technique will indeed live like a rock star.😄
THAT,S thinking outside the box!!!!!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out today. Didn't expect to go but the misses said you go im not going yabbying im feeling crook.
So I went detecting.
I spent easy near 10 minutes trying to get this on my coil after hearing the tiniest of "pings". And I mean tiny. Is it, isnt it!?
Even on the 6 inch coil im, "what the!?" "Seriously, where are you?" using my finger tip.
Now I just need 100,000000000 of those and im living a Rock Star life. Wish me luck. 😆
View attachment 2017428
Sweet!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machine are you using ? It is very sensitive. To find little gold like that.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
What machine are you using ? It is very sensitive. To find little gold like that.
Hi. Yeah it is, but its a bit aged now.
I got it as I knew it well from when it came out. Then I got it as a relic/coin machine but knew its previous one was pretty good too on small stuff and specimens in quiet ground. I'll never pretend it comes close to a PI with a mono, let alone a new flat wind coil from Coiltek or Nugget Finder in hot ground. But it will gime em a run in quiet ground. Near zero mineralisation on small and crazy specimen stuff like spongy gold and crystalline stuff. Especially using the 6 inch 18.75khz coil. You can run it near to flat out, 25 to 30, sensitivity. My back is pretty well done with anything like a PI. My love was a 5000, NF coil, run in Fine Gold. That was killer. But I was getting serious issues, pain, so sold all that gear. My scans were "extreme damage".
But I love and always have loved detecting. So, I sold the lot, bar my dolly pot and two small picks. Then looked and was amazed to see an Xterra 705, which I know like the back of my hand, never used, coils still in the plastic covers never opened, and with the 6" 18.75 DD still in the plastic.
Lady got it before covid hit here to do an around OZ trip with her kids.
Ok, I payed a bit over 705s here, probably by $200 but none were brand new like that, cant get them anymore new, or with let alone that 6" coil. Lady was struggling, could have knocked it down but nah, went a few hrs drive and got it.
Very happy. Was and still is a very underrated detector.
Hey, im out of the big gun running, I know that as iv used all M,Lab PIs and the 7000. But in quiet ground I still got a shot. 🙂👍
Dreaming, maybe, but hey, im just happy to still swing something. 👍

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went detecting.
View attachment 2017428
that is either one big finger or one tiny pat o' butta. wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread