Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a lovely week of weather. In fact, it's been so lovely around here, the weeds and vines are already taking notice. :P NOOOOO! I'm not ready for spring! :-\ Haven't seen the snakes or ticks yet, but you know at any moment they'll be sure to take up residence at our favorite sites to hunt in the woods. Maybe we'll get another freeze or two yet. :toothy4:
103_3598.JPG
Seems the theme for my hunts this week was nickel. I ended up finding the four varieties of nickels and even a spoon that was marked 'Solid Nickel Silver'? Apparently the spoon isn't silver. :D
100_2010.JPG

100_2013.JPG

100_2001.JPG
The watch piece looks to be silver plated, found a few buckles, always the lead to be found...(let me know if there are any keepers in this batch, pretty please) and a neat thimble. Found two toe taps and a great little cufflink that has a tiny little stone. It still has the gold color on the back.
103_3605.JPG

100_2003.JPG

100_2007.JPG

100_2005.JPG

Maybe I'll get lucky next week and have 'one cent week'. :dontknow: Still looking for that LC. :P :D

HH! Find somethin' good! :hello:

Nana

Upvote 0
wow nice week, congrats :icon_thumleft:

Nice group of finds :icon_thumright: Congrats :notworthy:

:hello:

Hey Nana!

(Nana is part of our secret society email club) :D
Congratulations on those finds! There's some nice ones in there. Y'all have been busy it looks like. Way to go. :headbang:

Nice hunt and finds, Nana :thumbsup: Is that one of those Ivory-billed woodpecker on the side of that tree :o Send some of that nice weather up here. It's not too bad but not as good as it should be either >:( Keep our fingers crossed for one of those elusive LC's for you ::)

Shoot Nana they're all keeper's :thumbsup: Must be the "critter tree" there in the first pic.Congrat's on the nickle's as well,that MXT will tell you if you got one.Keep swingin'

Nice going Southern Belle!! The nickels are good finds. That little Kodak makes great pics. Spring is advancing a little too quckly for me too. HH, Q. (Brad).

Now that is a wide variety of Nickels there! That Shield Nickel is pretty Dam cool! Congrats on getting out and making some very cool finds Nana! Can't wait for that Alabama or another NC button to pop out of the ground for you down there! :) :) :wink:

Great pic of the Red Shafted Flicker Nana.
Looks like a decent shaped Shield Nickel in that group of finds.
Congrats

Hill

Nice finds on everything

That is a great shot of the largest of the woodpeckers found here Nana - the Pileated Woodpecker - awesome!

You definitely have a fantastic group of finds but that shield nickel is my fave... :headbang:

Wow!I see your shirt,you huntin' topless now?Can't wait for CTH if that's the case.
Terrific finds!I'll have to check on that spoon.Some really old spoons that are silver have no markings,some marked with a number,i.e.,300,800,etc meaning they are 30%,80% silver.I suspect the spoon is plated.Great nickels.

Wow Nan, you are ON a roll :notworthy: (I see you're getting ready for the festivities in Caldwell ;D)

Gotta love those Shields :icon_thumleft:

Holy smokes Girl, you cleaned house! :o Those different nickels are great. :thumbsup: I hardly ever find nickels. :dontknow:
Excellent variety of relics Nana.
What is that "secret society" Mike mentioned? Is it just for the under 40 crowd? No wonder Quindy and I aren't in it. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Congrats,
Dug

Here's your nickel silver--

Nickel silver, also known as German silver,[1] Argentann,[1] paktong,[2] new silver,[1] nickel brass,[3] or alpacca (or alpaca),[citation needed] is a copper alloy with nickel and often zinc. The usual formulation is 60% copper, 20% nickel and 20% zinc.[4] In fact, all modern, commercially important nickel silvers (such as those standardized under ASTM B122) contain significant amounts of zinc, and are sometimes considered a subset of brass.[5]

Nickel silver is named for its silvery appearance, but contains no elemental silver unless plated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back