Shield Nickle and Lose my MI 6 Pinpointer !!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While using GAIA GPS I found where a old school in 1900 had been. I found the owner's name and address while using ONX Hunt. I went to him and got permission to hunt the place .I was AM VERY HAPPY if you can;'t already tell. When i dug the nickle I could see some faint outlines. I got home and tried some of my Andre pencils and i think i made it worse :(

As to my Pinpointer I will NEVER go back detecting with out a PP holder and they will ALWAYS be on a lanyard !!!
just out side the Carrollton Ohio city Limits. I went there and took my Deus 2 and MI 6 Pinpointer. My first dig came in around 59 to 60 on my Deus. I dug the item and found the nickle. I could see a 5 in the center with a wreath around it on the one side.. I dug 3 or 4 more targets and they was all trash. I sat on a log and Petted my dog Max. When i got up[ my PP was gone. I had it in my back pocket :( I could not remember how to locate it with my Controller a friend on here (TNet) He walked me through how to make the PP ping. Where i was was a bit windy and next to a road where a lot of traffic was . so i went home and waited till dusk. I went back and took my wife with me to listen and look for it. When we got back to where i thought it should be I turned the Pinpointer on with my Deus Controller. My wife was about 8 feet from it and she heard it beeping and saw it flashing. 20 minutes to drive to it and 10 seconds to find it. I WAS and
BTW THANKS DAN !!!

As you can think i AM VERY happy to have my PP BACK !!

Attachments

• ShieldNickle1.jpg
    ShieldNickle1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • ShieldNickle2.jpg
    ShieldNickle2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • shield4.jpg
    shield4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • Shield3.jpg
    Shield3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Upvote 19
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think i hurt the Nickle with me trying to clean it up

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way better than any shield nickels I never found. As a kid growing up in Petersburg, KY I remember driving to Carrollton to visit relatives. Nice country up that way.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While using GAIA GPS I found where a old school in 1900 had been. I found the owner's name and address while using ONX Hunt. I went to him and got permission to hunt the place .I was AM VERY HAPPY if you can;'t already tell. When i dug the nickle I could see some faint outlines. I got home and tried some of my Andre pencils and i think i made it worse :(

As to my Pinpointer I will NEVER go back detecting with out a PP holder and they will ALWAYS be on a lanyard !!!
just out side the Carrollton Ohio city Limits. I went there and took my Deus 2 and MI 6 Pinpointer. My first dig came in around 59 to 60 on my Deus. I dug the item and found the nickle. I could see a 5 in the center with a wreath around it on the one side.. I dug 3 or 4 more targets and they was all trash. I sat on a log and Petted my dog Max. When i got up[ my PP was gone. I had it in my back pocket :( I could not remember how to locate it with my Controller a friend on here (TNet) He walked me through how to make the PP ping. Where i was was a bit windy and next to a road where a lot of traffic was . so i went home and waited till dusk. I went back and took my wife with me to listen and look for it. When we got back to where i thought it should be I turned the Pinpointer on with my Deus Controller. My wife was about 8 feet from it and she heard it beeping and saw it flashing. 20 minutes to drive to it and 10 seconds to find it. I WAS and
BTW THANKS DAN !!!

As you can think i AM VERY happy to have my PP BACK !!
Two great finds!
The coin has a very vulnerable design for cleaning! Should do plenty research before!
The two Shield nickels I found have very little to tell what they were!
My Nokta Pointer has bright orange head and coil cover and I keep it in my peripheral vision next to my shoulder-see my profile picture
Glad you found yours - it is an invaluable tool…!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the shield nickel and ( more importantly) finding your PP. I've lost mine about a half dozen times over the years while hunting in the woods. Always managed to find it after re-tracing my steps...one day I won't be so lucky. Getting a lanyard makes good sense.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear overalls most of the time so I have my PP hooked to my straps on a lanyard so It wont be lost plus It's the Garrett carrot so the orange color is easy to see if I did lose it. Glad you found yours.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear overalls most of the time so I have my PP hooked to my straps on a lanyard so It wont be lost plus It's the Garrett carrot so the orange color is easy to see if I did lose it. Glad you found yours.
Mine must have rolled under some leaves. It was almost completely covered with leaves. The ability to make the light flash and beep is FANTASTIC !!
Thank you also for your kind reply

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread