What's new

ship spike in plank, wrought iron chain

deldave

Full Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
166
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
0
Location
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these on Delaware shore . Seems like I finally hit on some artifacts after many hours beach hunting in the last 2 years. Hundreds of ship wrecks offshore and so few actual targets. Happy for now , but still looking for those coins to go along with them.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0004.webp
    DSCF0004.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0012.webp
    DSCF0012.webp
    1 MB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0035.webp
    DSCF0035.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • DSCF0024.webp
    DSCF0024.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
  • DSCF0023.webp
    DSCF0023.webp
    356.2 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 14
Wow man...

You just found a piece(s) of a shipwreck.

Well done.
Phenom find.

IF I were YOU... I would live at that area day in day out.
Work it like your being payed...
And maybe you will.
 
Very nice recovery. I personally refer to such finds as character pieces, as I feel them to be more than just your run-of-the-mill with no soul, so to speak.
 
I would love to detect a shoreline never know what the ocean will spit out maybe the chain was an anchor that finally broke free from thye bottom here comes the old ship washing ashore sorry I get carried away that is awesome though. Great find
 
Very cool, , you just never know what is going to wash ashore or where it came from. Congrats
 
Unfortunately wood and coins have different set and drift patterns. BUT it seems you're primed for some great finds. I've piloted a lot of ships on the Delaware and its lodes with history. Good luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom