Shipping Perfume

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've seen some of y'all post about selling perfume on ebay. I picked up a couple bottles yesterday that I think will sell pretty well. I took the photo's with the bottles laying on their back but they are over 90% full. I'm a little concerned about shipping. Seems like this stuff is prone to spill & is flammable. Any tips?

001.JPG 002.JPG

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the cap screws on I usually use a little teflon thread tape and then seal the bottle in a ziploc. I use bubble wrap around that. Shipping USPS ground (Parcel Select) is legal.

Last edited:

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Yep, seal in a zip lock, and seal that in a bigger zip lock. Then wrap with bubble wrap and tape the wrap on. Send parcel. Not priority or first class. I have ship about twenty five vintage perfumes. 2' leaked into the package, but none escaped.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've shipped dozens of perfumes. I've never had a problem other than one that "didn't smell right, I think it's spoiled". Technically it should be ground shipping only, though I can't say I've ever really adhered to that procedure. Spray bottles won't leak for the most part, it's the screw caps you have to reseal to avoid spillage, especially with older bottles. Advice above by Gib is good for that.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Thanks for the help everyone. I've been staying away from items I wasn't sure how to ship but have decided I'm missing out on too many deals. This will be my first perfume sales. Next is a set of books I picked up on Friday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread