Shipwreck spoons found in a most unusual place

Autumn-

Nov 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

So I found these shipwreck spoons about 2 years ago that were in a plastic bag with a piece of paper taped to one of the spoons. The paper says: St. Eustatius Island - 200 yo Nov 86
This bag of spoons were in a case at a Goodwill Store, not somewhere I would expect to find shipwreck items. They were heavily encrusted and at a later time researched the best ways to clean them. So now they are cleaned and I'm fairly certain they are pewter and both rat tails and assume the ages to be early 1700's. One spoon is whole the other is missing part of the handle. The whole spoon weighs just over 62 grams, the partial at just over 52 grams. The bowls are different and due to the damage of being in the water I haven't found any touch marks. Although on the whole spoon, there is a circle that is slightly elevated from the rest of the surface that is peculiar. I've tried to get the best pictures to aid in identifying their origin and age and if they are of any value (other than I really think they are awesome). I do know there are about 200 shipwrecks in the area so having no information on where it was located makes it impossible to know which shipwreck it belonged to. I would appreciated any opinions and interested in hearing what those might be.

Thanks in advance,
Autumn-

Attachments

• IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 78

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT ! !,,,, now that's frigging amazing.

That is definitely goes down as a banner thrift store find.

Sheesh,, great score.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread