What's new

Shoe Buckle Frame?

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this yesterday at our latest Colonial site. It read at "TABS." :dontknow: Is it part of a shoe buckle frame? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Kirk
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3097.webp
    DSCF3097.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF3098.webp
    DSCF3098.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 206
:hello:

Kirk...I think the back would be flat if it were a part of shoe buckle :'(

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Kirk...I think the back would be flat if it were a part of shoe buckle :'(

SS

I was thinking the same thing. It looks more Victorian. :'(

Kirk
 
Upvote 0
Kirk PA said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Kirk...I think the back would be flat if it were a part of shoe buckle :'(

SS

I was thinking the same thing. It looks more Victorian. :'(

Kirk
Possibly part of a piece of costume jewelry, like you say Victorian but could be slightly earlier :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Could be a part of a, late 1800, light oval (or circular) brass picture frame !

:hello:
 
Upvote 0
Does it have loops on the back? If so, my vote is "cloak fastener"--and it would be OLD if that were the case. HB dug one at our special site earlier in the week.


-Buck
 

Attachments

  • Hill_Billy_Hunting_011.webp
    Hill_Billy_Hunting_011.webp
    40 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Does it have loops on the back? If so, my vote is "cloak fastener"--and it would be OLD if that were the case. HB dug one at our special site earlier in the week.


-Buck

It doesn't appear to have loops. Nice piece of information, Buck.

Kirk
 
Upvote 0
It's to thin to have been a shoe buckle. I'm thinking a piece of jewelry or decoration from a piece of furniture or something.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom