Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 hours hiking and 3 hours of detecting. I don't get to this place too much but when I do it usually produces some nice finds. Today's haul was a few shoe buckle frames and a nice little knee buckle. One of the broken shoe buckle frames is marked HM. I wish it was all together. 1804 half cent and a toasted KGll. A few buttons and a mystery piece. Also grabbed a few beat up pewter spoons. Anyone know what the mystery brass piece with the loops and spike is? If anything cleans up better ill repost photos. Happy hunting.

image-156875701.jpg

image-258508319.jpg

image-1590848.jpg

image-1287893648.jpg

image-3323195560.jpg

image-1947938468.jpg

image-528860432.jpg

image-1544921840.jpg

image-3966493474.jpg

image-2343569360.jpg

Upvote 5
might be part of a spur?

spurs

think it is a spur - oldie too- be great if you could find the other piece

Wow looks like that site is worth the hike! Some beautiful frames and the half cents don't show up too often. Still looking for my first

Awesome pile of colonial goodies!! Some great buckles and coins, and I love those rat tail spoon bowls. That's quite a site you have there. And BTW, that piece is from an early spur.

Wow looks like that site is worth the hike! Some beautiful frames and the half cents don't show up too often. Still looking for my first

Ya it's not the time it takes to hike its the effort that stops me. This is the second or third half cent from this site. ID have to check records. Also found a nice silver spoon from here last year.

Awesome pile of colonial goodies!! Some great buckles and coins, and I love those rat tail spoon bowls. That's quite a site you have there. And BTW, that piece is from an early spur.

Thanks Bill. Possibly from a child or are they usually that small?

All I've found have been small like yours.

Ok thanks. Maybe ill try to get up there once more before the snow comes. Would be nice to find the other half.

Ok thanks. Maybe ill try to get up there once more before the snow comes. Would be nice to find the other half.

Here's a couple I've dug for comparison. Sorry for the poor phone pics but my PC is in the shop.

ForumRunner_20141104_152037.png

ForumRunner_20141104_152059.png

Nice early finds. Yeah part of a old spur. Id work that place hard.

Wow those buckles are great, and that half cent is in great shape, kg is decent too.

Great hunt!

Whoa awesome finds! Congrats on the half cent.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Holly Molly, you got up some awesome colonial pieces. I really like those buckles and spoons. I would call that a stellar hunt for sure, congrats.
ZDD

Those some beautiful buckle frames Greylock! :occasion14:
Sure wish we had sites of that vintage around here!

Dave

That DB seems in pretty decent shape to me! I'm clueless, but spur is the first thing I thought when I saw your find. I'd say 7 hours well spent ( I'm assuming you meant a hike of 2 hours each way ).

Thanks for the comments everyone. This has been a great area for detecting and has produced some of my best finds. Although its strenuous to get to and I burn myself out on the hike its worth it almost every time. Hope to have more to show in a few days. Happy hunting

Attachments

• image-463995803.jpg
    image-463995803.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 77

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back