Short but fun morning.

RichJ269

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2007
Tempe, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hi all,
I found this site a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy seeing all the finds and reading the posts. I have just gotten back into MD'ing and boy have I missed it. I decided to check out a small city park across from were I live the other day and get more familiar with this detector. I used to own a Garrett but now have a Tesoro. I spent about an hour there after work and was happy to see that it seems to work well. A couple of the items were on top of the ground just covered with grass and the others were not more then 2 inches in the ground. The take for the day:

1) cheap goth type braclet
1) small stylus
1) Colibri CX Gear lighter in perfect shape and working
1) childs tinkerbell chain
1) 2000 penny
2) nickles (2005, 1998)
1) 1979 Susan B

I hope to get back out there this morning after work and see what else is there.

Rich

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Cool! Looks like it's a worthy machine for you. From my understanding, it should do just as well in nugget hunting as well. Keep 'em comin' and HH!

OP
OP
RichJ269

RichJ269

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2007
Tempe, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Thanks,
This is supposed to be a really good nugget machine. I hope to find out soon, the next chance I get to get out of the city and into the mountains.
I went back to the park this morning but it turned out to be watering day and most of the place was flooded. I did hunt in and around the sand volleyball court and basketball court but only found a couple of clads, a AA battery, a master lock key, and dozens of bottle caps and pull tabs. At least the ground in the rest of the park may be softer to dig tomorrow.

R

RUDY2003

Real nice assortment Rich, can't wait to see what's below the 2"s......
Keep safe & Oh Yea...Welcome from Texas....

OP
OP
RichJ269

RichJ269

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2007
Tempe, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Thanks Rudy,
I did dig a lot of junk deeper like bike parts, plumbing fittings etc. but the ground out here is very hard so I don't know what could be lower. Most small stuff stays close to the top. There are a lot of historical areas around here I just need to get closer to them and hope to get lucky. There is a lot of construction going on around here and I hope I can get in on some of that but they have already closed most of that off to us.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
The susan b would have made my day alone! Good job! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread