May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a small cluster of cellar holes about 4.5 miles off of any modern roads . Hit them for a little while yesterday with a few finds ferreted out of the ungodly amount of rusted tin buckets and junk in the ground . Plan on going back later this year and clean out some of the trash to see what is hiding underneath . If possible an ID on the button would be appreciated . Only one coin which found by my hunting buddy .. who was on his very first metal detecting trip ever . Funny thing is it was a 1950 British Half Penny in amazing shape , I figure it must be a recent hunter drop . These cellar holes are from the mid to late 1800s. I didn't get a picture of the half penny he was so excited to find his first coin he wouldn't stay still long enough. 100_0628.JPG 100_0630.JPG 100_0631.JPG
Then on the way home I stopped at one of my old reliable spots that I pounded last year with the AT Pro and pulled out a silver in about 15 minutes of hunting . I haven't been doing much door knocking or new spot searching because with this Etrac im finding so much stuff in my old spots that I don't really need to . 100_0633.JPG

Upvote 5

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting button. Couldn't find it in any of the books I have. Crude, but uniform, pattern on the outside. I would guess the date range of 1850-80. Just a guess. Someone here should know. Hogge

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relics you got there Wheatie,vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread