Slipperyjack47
Hero Member
- Joined
- Apr 5, 2008
- Messages
- 689
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Solon Springs Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Had a few minutes to escape into the park today and thought I would try an area where I have found tons of old wieghts off of fishing nets that I believe were used in the late 1800's. Was'nt there to long and scored my third pocket knife of the season, then the always present harmonica reed... I was about to turn tail for the house and a dinner plate when I got a hard tight signal right at the base of a clump of trees. The minelab was singing the silver song and it did'nt let me down, out comes a beautiful canadian quarter dated 1880
gotta love those canucks! and I think its my oldest canadian so far! hope ya all enjoy and are finding lotsa treasure
HH
Slipperyjack47
Thanks to Iron Patch I did some investigating and found that this is a key date coin and I believe is the rarest form of that year and mintage! 1880 wide O and H mint mark..... I seen one on ebay going for almost $1500.00!!! Got to love that kinda surprise!
gotta love those canucks! and I think its my oldest canadian so far! hope ya all enjoy and are finding lotsa treasureHH
Slipperyjack47
Thanks to Iron Patch I did some investigating and found that this is a key date coin and I believe is the rarest form of that year and mintage! 1880 wide O and H mint mark..... I seen one on ebay going for almost $1500.00!!! Got to love that kinda surprise!
Attachments
Upvote
0
nice finds Slipperyjack 








