shepcal
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 19, 2003
- Messages
- 217
- Reaction score
- 150
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Oakhurst,CA
- Detector(s) used
- modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
Finally got WM10 connected w/ 3030 and wanted to play w/ it. Have a friend who has property w/ a 'turtle pond' on it. When it had water in it, locals used to go swimming in it. Got permission to hunt it. Drive over I knew weeds would be knee high and a pain- but they weren't! It's been mowed-cool! Didn't really know what to expect, so I cherry picked. Area has a lot of pull tabs, bullets and lead weights in it. I dug any xx-38-48's and they were everywhere. Only had a couple of hours to hunt. Came home w/ a Franklin,3 quarters, 1-2 dimes and several pennies. First target was a 61 penny and second was a wheatie. Coins are for the most part severely corroded and believe that to be caused by the sulfur spring that fed the pond. Can't tell what the ring is yet. The front loader was probably all in one piece before I dug it up. The nickel was, I think a 12-12??
Love the machine and waiting on a 6" coil as we speak. Most targets were 4-9" deep. Coins are soaking in olive oil as we speak. Quality of coins are probably junk, but would like to know dates. Any other ideas on cleaning?
Shep
Love the machine and waiting on a 6" coil as we speak. Most targets were 4-9" deep. Coins are soaking in olive oil as we speak. Quality of coins are probably junk, but would like to know dates. Any other ideas on cleaning?
Shep
Attachments
Upvote
0







