What's new

Short Hunt

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a late afternoon hunt yesterday. I explored some on the creek didnt find anything but then on the way back out I did find some nice pieces on dry land. It felt good to actually have something in my pocket even though most was broken. Got a couple of keepers a nice little knife and a square scraper and a nice rim shard. Found in N Ga, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3729.webp
    100_3729.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_3731.webp
    100_3731.webp
    169.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_3732.webp
    100_3732.webp
    153.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_3735.webp
    100_3735.webp
    113.9 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
Cool! That looks like part of a native pipe. I'm not sure if that is what it really is, but looks like it to me. The other pieces are nice as well.
 
Great finds, I have walked a many a mile and not found that much some days, so any find is good.:occasion14:
 
Very nice. Still looking for my first piece of pottery.
 
Hey Rock nice going! Seems like each hunt here lately has been a bit better...no ticks, ivy and snakes either!...lookin' forward to what you find on the next one!
 
Nice finds ''rock''! :icon_thumleft: I like the pottery shard and the broken preform/scraper.
 
I believe the square worked piece is called a square knife but I am calling it a scraper. I guess if it is broken it might be a end to a point IDK for sure Ive never found a point with that type of base. I figured it was made that way but maybe you are rite O D. Its hard to find a whole piece in the edge of the field along the tree line.
 
I believe the square worked piece is called a square knife but I am calling it a scraper. I guess if it is broken it might be a end to a point IDK for sure Ive never found a point with that type of base. I figured it was made that way but maybe you are rite O D. Its hard to find a whole piece in the edge of the field along the tree line.

We have always called them square knives or scrapers. Here is a couple like yours.

image-1927707646.webp



image-4161025023.webp

Yours is prettier than mine.
 
Mine looks almost like a base to a Cobbs knife if it isnt a square knife. Like I said its a first for me. Either way Ill keep it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom