What's new

Shorted $1 in a roll, got these, silver?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Shorted $1 in a roll, got these, silver?

Got these two pesos awhile back in a roll of halves. They have reeded edge, magnet does not stick. Anyone know what the composition of these coins are? (Before I throw 'em away, lol)? Thanx, FFD
 

Attachments

  • un peso.webp
    un peso.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
Re: Shorted $1 in a roll, got these, silver?

They are not silver. I forget what they are. But not silver. I think nickel/mix
 
Re: Shorted $1 in a roll, got these, silver?

nyiangelo said:
They are not silver. I forget what they are. But not silver. I think nickel/mix
Thanks nyiangelo
 
Re: Shorted $1 in a roll, got these, silver?

I throw all my foreign coins into a jar, they are pretty neat to look at, don't take up much space. And hey they all actually cost me face of what they were stuffed in with :thumbsup:
 
Re: Shorted $1 in a roll, got these, silver?

Fistfulladirt said:
Got these two pesos awhile back in a roll of halves. They have reeded edge, magnet does not stick. Anyone know what the composition of these coins are? (Before I throw 'em away, lol)? Thanx, FFD

Not only to they lack any intrinsic metal value, ...........

If you happen have coins that are from 1970 to 1992, they are out of circulation, and have no value. In 1993, Mexico issued "Nuevo" pesos (new pesos) in order to stem inflation, and the last two zeros were removed from the value - in other words, an "old" peso coin with a face value of $1000 was worth what a $10 nuevo peso coin is worth today. Currency from this time period is very common, and is no longer accepted for exchange. The only value of Mexican currency from 1970-1992, should you happen to have some, is as a souvenir or novelty.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom