May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one of our target fields came up, so time to take a bit of holiday. Finished 80% of the whole site in 3 sessions, no need to return for the last bit, as it was low density scatter. On to the next...
Breakdown of time spent;
Mon - Me - 5 hrs 45 mins, Dad 5 hrs 15 mins - 14 Roman Coins, 1 hammered
Thurs - Me 7 hrs, Dad 0. - 9 Roman Coins
Today - Me 6 hrs 15 mins, Dad 3 hrs - 15 Roman Coins + 1 Silver

2 17th C Tokens
Jetton
Crotal Bell - One of the nicest Ringers I've found - great sound
Medieval Buckles
38 Roman Bronze Coins
Broken 1st C AD Fibula
1564 Threehalfpence - not got many of these
Julia Mamea AD222 Denarius (Debased)
Bottom of a Saxon Small-Long Brooch - AD450-550
Broken Saxon Wrist Clasp, Form 7 b, Circa AD480 - This period is a tough one to get in the UK!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 15
Your finds are fantastic, would love to tag along with you're day just to watch you in action. It would take me a few life times to come close to matching your collection.
Congrats!!

Great days out! How was the shotgun shells to finds ratio this time? Congrats on some more early Saxon finds!

Great days out! How was the shotgun shells to finds ratio this time? Congrats on some more early Saxon finds!

Only about 1/1. Worried me that first time around we cleared it out pretty good.

Cru that's a lot of hours put in by you and dad. Think by back would be screaming. :thumbsup:

My backs pretty good right now. I have to switch arms from time to time.

Every time I see your posts I'm amazed! I'd have my year made to find a coin 200 years old and here you find all this stuff. I can't even fully appreciate it because I don't know what any of it is. Makes me jealous lol. Great finds!

Excellent couple of hunts Cru. I like that buckle and clasp. How come the silver only came out when Cru'dad hunted? Lol.

Cheers

You both had another killer hunt, congratulations! :notworthy:

The best part is you are spending time with your dad doing what you both love! :icon_thumleft:

Excellent couple of hunts Cru. I like that buckle and clasp. How come the silver only came out when Cru'dad hunted? Lol.

Cheers
Actually both silvers where found by me when Cru'Dad wasn't present.

All great finds as always. I really like that coin with Romulus, Remus & the wolf. Very appealing design. Congrats & thanks for sharing!

A threehalfpence, that is quite the denomination. No wonder you don't have many, first I've heard of that strange bird.
More than a couple nice romans too.
I agree with the fellow that said it's great to spend quality time with your dad. I've never done that let alone regularly. I consider you lucky for that let alone all the great finds.
Keep it up.

What a great surprise on the Lizzy. The other finds are outstanding, and some of the scrappies aren't so scrappy. :D

I'd say that's an all around success!

Cheers,

Buck

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS.

It's silly season, with too many fields & not enough time. Got the energy though...lol

Thanks for sharing your hunt. Really excellent condition on many of the coins. Congratulations.

Wow wow woooow
It was worth the effort. In these hot days it's the best reward alongside a cold beer!
Cheers Cru and good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back