What's new

Shotgun Shell (I almost tossed it as trash.) and 4 wheats

Coach Stack

Full Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
133
Reaction score
338
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from, 2 weekends ago, 2 different locations. On Saturday I hit my favorite spot and I found my oldest coin to date a 1939 wheatie. It was part of a 4 coin (all wheat) spill. On Sunday I hit another of my spots and dug a shotgun shell, I threw it in my trash bag. i was cleaning out the bag a few days ago and noticed the shell look kind of old so I looked it up. (Still had paper in it)

U.M.C. Co. Arrow No.12 1901-1910

That makes it the oldest relic I have found to date.

Wheats, Lock and Trash.webpUMC Co, Arrow 1.webpUMC Co, Arrow 2.webpUMC Co, Arrow 3.webp
 
Upvote 22
Funny how things have changed. When I started relic hunting back in the 70's, a shotgun hull was considered to be in the same league as a pull tab, and thrown in the trash. Can't imagine how many I've thrown away through the years, and now they're collectible. That's probably a good thing.
 
WAIT!! Shotgun casings are collectible?? Congrats on finding the spill. Multiple coins from one hole is always exciting.
 
very cool!! Congrats
 
Congrats. They'll become more frequent if get off the grass and work the woods. Flat Buttons ring up from upper 30's to upper 70's as will old shot shells on AT Pro. So don't learn to pass them up.
Soak them in Vinegar for couple hours and the crud will come right off with toothbrush and water.
 
Congrats!! I found a 10 ga. headstamp my last time swinging. It's only my second ever 10 ga. the first being a smokeless shell.
There are some good ones out there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom