33.9 KB · Views: 783
  • reale1.jpg
    reale1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 773
  • reale2.jpg
    reale2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 781
Yes!!! :o :o :o

Damn shame you slashed it like that. That coin is in really good shape.

Romeo....do you ever plan on selling it? If not then you may want to find out the value of it and see if paying to have it graded is worth it to you, if you plan on selling it, absolutely get it graded....I am not sure what the value is but do know that is one sweet coin, and having it graded would be a plus, but regardless, get it in an airtight holder. I see it made the highlight bar at the top of the page (rightly so) ...:):) CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to bring up an old post but I was looking for a little additional information regarding grading this coin.

1.) Which grading service should I use? Are there services that will not grade Spanish?

2.) Will this coin be graded with the obvious "scar" from my digger?

3.) How much can I expect to pay for grading?

4.) Any horror stories with regards to coins being lost during grading?

5.) Based on these pics any guess or opinion as to grade?

Thanks for the info.

Quite honestly I don't see the point in getting it slabbed. It is a beautiful coin but not tremendously valuable. I don't know which grading services grade foreign coins, but some will only grade a damaged coin as genuine but damaged, no grade. I don't see where there is any question of the coin being genuine, so I don't see what is to be gained by having it slabbed. I would put it in a quality holder to protect it and that is it.

l.cutler said:
Quite honestly I don't see the point in getting it slabbed. It is a beautiful coin but not tremendously valuable. I don't know which grading services grade foreign coins, but some will only grade a damaged coin as genuine but damaged, no grade. I don't see where there is any question of the coin being genuine, so I don't see what is to be gained by having it slabbed. I would put it in a quality holder to protect it and that is it.

I agree, it is not worth getting graded and slabbed, even if it were valuable the scratch would knock it down horribly. Enjoy the coin as a beautiful addition in your collection.

Don

All grading services charge more money for foreign coins. They will definetly mark the scratch on the encasment and drop the grade even lower for it. I would not send it out but maybe encase it yourself in a nice holder for a couple bucks.

I think with the slash they'll know it was dug up, and reject it, personally.

ANACS, I dont think they body bag, do they? And they are cheaper and still a reputable grading service. Just to authenticated as real, would make it worth grading to me.

Lovely coin. In not accepting dug up or damaged coins, the grading services don't know what they're missing.

Romeo send it to PCGS or NGC coin grading services ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the TOP 2 Grading Services

dave

Texas Coin Hunter said:
Romeo send it to PCGS or NGC coin grading services ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the TOP 2 Grading Services

dave

I woud be afraid they would body bag it. Like the guy before said ANACS, if nothing else to get it authenticated as real.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back