What's new

Should I open or should I not

adambomb106

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midland City, AL
I found an old shotgun half roll while hunting today. Both ends show a bicentennial. It is an obviously old wrapper with both ends crimped. So the question is would an unopened roll of bicentennials be worth anything extra or should I just open it hoping to find silver?
 
Upvote 0
I found a few of those last summer. I kept the best looking one and dumped the rest. Don't seem to bring much of a premium. I just kept one for the heck of it.

Joad
 
Open it.. there are few original bank rolls.. all have been opened at some point. Plus even if they were opened.. some can wrap them back up to look like new.
 
if you don't know 110% what is fully inside how can you ask for any premium?
 
I would open it for sure
 
I think the bicentennials were one of those items that people thought "I'm going to save these and someday they'll be worth a lot of money" but there were so many made and so many saved that it will be hundreds of years till there worth much.
Still a cool find.
 
Just because they are in a paper wrapper aren't they considered circulated?
 
You can hope it is a mixed roll of halves from 1976, it would have a great chance of having 40 and 90 percenters in it. The suspense is killing me have you opened it yet, or are you going to open it, lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom