SportsmanAll Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2018 Messages 179 Reaction score 302 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 2, 2019 #1 Finally got out. Pulled two that I would love some info on, and got a pretty smallie and a killer thumb scraper in my opinion. I would love some input on type and age of the brown point. As well as the base of the other piece. Thanks in advance! Upvote 0
Finally got out. Pulled two that I would love some info on, and got a pretty smallie and a killer thumb scraper in my opinion. I would love some input on type and age of the brown point. As well as the base of the other piece. Thanks in advance!
reuellis Sr. Member Joined Jul 25, 2014 Messages 381 Reaction score 653 Golden Thread 0 Location Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 3, 2019 #2 I’m a novice but would guess broken knife, old and worn down bifurcated, a killer brewerton, and well worked scraper.
I’m a novice but would guess broken knife, old and worn down bifurcated, a killer brewerton, and well worked scraper.
SportsmanAll Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2018 Messages 179 Reaction score 302 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 3, 2019 Thread Owner #3 From what I know bifurcated means only worked on one side right! Cause the smaller broke piece in my hand was worked all the way around. Or is bifurcated a point type?
From what I know bifurcated means only worked on one side right! Cause the smaller broke piece in my hand was worked all the way around. Or is bifurcated a point type?
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,186 Reaction score 33,089 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 3, 2019 #4 Bifurcate is a style of base with 2 "prongs" and a notch in the middle. Gary
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Apr 3, 2019 #5 Bifurcated is a base type. And it's really difficult identify point types not knowing what part of the country they come from.
Bifurcated is a base type. And it's really difficult identify point types not knowing what part of the country they come from.
SportsmanAll Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2018 Messages 179 Reaction score 302 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 3, 2019 Thread Owner #6 These were all found on private property in east Idaho
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Apr 3, 2019 #7 SportsmanAll said: These were all found on private property in east Idaho Click to expand... thanks, good to here from someone over there. you have some nice materials out there I bet.
SportsmanAll said: These were all found on private property in east Idaho Click to expand... thanks, good to here from someone over there. you have some nice materials out there I bet.
SportsmanAll Full Member Joined Mar 21, 2018 Messages 179 Reaction score 302 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 3, 2019 Thread Owner #8 I’d still love an age on any of it if you guys can give it?
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Apr 4, 2019 #9 the base could be that of a Duncan, Mid- archaic. The thumscrapers were common through the ages. The arrowhead not very old
the base could be that of a Duncan, Mid- archaic. The thumscrapers were common through the ages. The arrowhead not very old