What's new

Show me your scoop tethers

dc426

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
312
Reaction score
487
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought myself an RTG aluminum scoop for Christmas. I get tired of lugging around my stainless one when hunting the wet sand and my dry sand wire mesh scoop is way too lightweight. So, my stainless scoop has a wood handle and I simply drilled a hole in the end and use a rope tether with a carabiner and clip it onto my belt. The new RTG has an aluminum tube handle with a plastic grip and I'm I'm not sure of the best way to attach a tether to the end of the scoop. Could you guys show me what you use? Thanks and Happy New Years and HH.
DC

DSCN0669.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I have never used a tether for my scoop since I was usually in the water and don't let go of it. If I stumbled into a rip tide I could let go of it if I needed too. But on the other hand I had a short tether on the MD shaft so it remained up right for easy reach. What you show in the picture is nice but that is no Sunspot Stealth scoop.
 
I like this scoop:occasion14:
 
Hope your new scoop work out for you. I just tie a knot under the plastic handle secured by a wrap of tape. Happy New Year DC !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom