Show off your lead thread!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1430969576265.jpg
    1430969576265.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Of the nine 10lb lead diving weights that I melted, I had enough from sniping to do almost 3.
That's almost 30lbs of lead from last year alone.

The single largest chunk of lead that I have found in the water was about 2lbs.

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there has to be tons of sinkers and lead shot in all the waterway all over

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kudos for miners working hard to clean our water of unwanted metals thus enhancing water quality and habitat. Shame on those who feel the opposite due to lies and ignorance

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this came out of a crack i was working the other day with the HB

Attachments

• DSCN0314.JPG
    DSCN0314.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 119

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is not my video, but it is one of my favorite video's showing just how much miners clean our waterways.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not my video, but it is one of my favorite video's showing just how much miners clean our waterways.

OMG!!! :eek::sly::banghead:

This just makes the war on suction dredging and mining in general that much more ridiculous!

Why can't this kind of evidence be brought before the judge at one of these rulings??

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Part of my collection: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431233264.225531.jpg

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great video and really points to a good solution to rid the waters of so much lead that has been put in the water over the years. People should make more and put the all over the internet. Excellent PR, lots of cases settled in the court of public opinion.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is a great video and really points to a good solution to rid the waters of so much lead that has been put in the water over the years. People should make more and put the all over the internet. Excellent PR, lots of cases settled in the court of public opinion.

Tho I totally agree, we have a larger problem in that the general public never advances past an opinion. Our efforts and solutions fall on deaf ears. We have clearly proven we can enhance and or mitigate most any situation pertaining to what we do in the water. Take a look see at the original SB670 hearings, miners brought all kinds of practical common sense solutions to mitigate Merc. issues. Not one was taken into consideration, the deal had already been done. We are getting involved to late! We need to shape the policy rather than try and remove or amend it.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long over due but here is what one man can take out of the rivers and streams, with just a pan and sluice box. And This is in no way a heavily fished waterway. 2015 total from my "cons". More was collected while digging that didn't make it into the collection pile.

Your welcome environment Cheers.

Attachments

• 1456722892022-648953011.jpg
    1456722892022-648953011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys haven't figured out how the enviros and government work yet have you?

Lets show them pics and give them a reason to put a hurting on fishing and hunting.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we Really want Lead in our drinking water - Seems like a good time to me, what with the Flint, Michigan in the news...
when you have fishing organizations testifying against dredging ask them what effect are they are having on the rivers...
Dredgers Get the Lead Out - Outdoor Channel Article
Some of the lead pulled from the Umpqua River in 2013
lead_umpqua2013.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread