Florida67

Greenie
Nov 17, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 metal detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this about 8 feet from high tide line, about 3 feet down. Before getting some 'gunk' off, general idea was, it is an anchor. But after chipping off some stuff, does this idea change. Would an anchor have all of these bolts? It measures an even 3 feet by 19 1/2 inches, well before crud came off anyway. Any thoughts on how old it might be?
I will put up some before and after photos. I did not totally chip away all of the outer layer. I appreciate any ideas. Thanks!!
beach find 10.JPG Beach find 7.JPG beach find 13.JPG beach find 14.JPG beach find 15.JPG beach find 16.JPG beach find 17.JPG beach find 15.JPG beach find 19.JPG beach find 20.JPG

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been boating for 30 years and owned boats up to 34 foot and would not guess that was any part of an anchor or boat bit. What shrimpers might use, however, is foreign to me.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks more like a plow point or ground ripper blade.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Cuda just put you on the right track, do they groom your beach? if so or if they used to it could be a broken tractor implement.

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What do the shrimp boats use on their nets? I know nothing about shrimp fishing, but perhaps it has something to do with holding the net down and in the position to
scoop up shrimp.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I remember seeing a type of frame on the front of the nets not necessarily held down just held open.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions