What's new

Shrunken Cent or Foreign Coin? Updated Pics

metaldetectingtaylor

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
155
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't make heads or tails out of this (no pun intended). The back has nothing on it but the front looks like the outline of a head, almost like Lincoln's. I am so afraid to clean this because it is VERY thin and could snap easily in half. Any ideas? Thanks, Taylor
 

Attachments

  • P3230092-450x350.webp
    P3230092-450x350.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 335
  • P3230095-450x350.webp
    P3230095-450x350.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 339
  • P3230100-450x350.webp
    P3230100-450x350.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 326
Re: Shrunken Cent or Foreign Coin?

It may be a eat up old zinc penny. :icon_scratch:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 1943-zinc-penny-307012896286182gx[1].webp
    1943-zinc-penny-307012896286182gx[1].webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0
Re: Shrunken Cent or Foreign Coin?

Whatever it is I don't think that is a Lincoln bust. If you look at the hairline at the top of the head, it is more receded than Lincoln's. And if you look at the chin it shows no sign of a beard, or the jutted out apperance that the beard would give. It has more of a Washington, Jefferson look to it. And, also, what does the other side look like. I have found two coin replicas that were flat on one side showing that they had been an insert of some sort.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Shrunken Cent or Foreign Coin?

Here are the cleaned up pics. As you can see it is clearly not Lincoln's head. Also, in the very last picture I showed the back of it and if you look on the top edge you can see O*E, maybe this is one????
 

Attachments

  • P3240101-600x500.webp
    P3240101-600x500.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 282
  • P3240102-550x450.webp
    P3240102-550x450.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 1300999600_P3240103.webp
    1300999600_P3240103.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 1300999671_P3240107.webp
    1300999671_P3240107.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 1300999760_P3240113.webp
    1300999760_P3240113.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would have to agree on that ID :headbang: Thanks for the help!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom