Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to one of my local 1800s city parks and was pleasantly surprised to see some sidewalk tore out! I have found a lot of silver here over the years but lately it had all but dried up. I pulled a Rosie in the first minute and then some clad. Then I got a good silver dime signal near the surface and was shocked to see this huge silver ring with tiger eye stone pop out! Biggest silver ring I have ever dug. These dimes put me at 30 silver coins FTY! Thanks for looking! Happy hunting everyone!

Check out the video here!

20200531_143634.jpg 20200531_143615.jpg 20200531_191036.jpg 20200531_192138.jpg 20200606_184517.jpg IMG_20200606_195051_842.jpg

Upvote 25

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Keep digging and thanks for sharing with us!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool ring- nice scores!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt that ring is sweet and some nice coinage ect..Well done.....Tommy

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So jealous... 30 silvers... wow. Wish I could find that many. Good job ;)

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Keep digging and thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks! HH!
that ring is a big honker
For sure! HH!
Very cool ring- nice scores!
Thanks!!
Your tiger ring is very nice.
Thanks!!
Nice rings.
Thanks!!
There's a lot of history in that Mexican coin, including a treasure story.
Don......
If only these finds could talk!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
Thanks!!
Sweet! Nice hunt!
Thanks!!

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt that ring is sweet and some nice coinage ect..Well done.....Tommy
Thanks Tommy! HH!
So jealous... 30 silvers... wow. Wish I could find that many. Good job ;)
Thanks!! My first couple of years I only found around 10 silvers. I managed 60 last year and I'm on pace to pass that this year! Just takes a lot of time and some research along with a little luck. Keep at it and hopefully your silver totals will rise. Good luck and happy hunting!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tommy! HH!Thanks!! My first couple of years I only found around 10 silvers. I managed 60 last year and I'm on pace to pass that this year! Just takes a lot of time and some research along with a little luck. Keep at it and hopefully your silver totals will rise. Good luck and happy hunting!

My problem is I don't know how to rsearch places to hunt. If I find old houses I don't know how to get permission. Abandoned places are torture 'cause the owners would probably let me hunt... but i dont know how to find the owner and i refuse to hunt without permission. If i find old towns I need someone willing to drive me on a long day trip and spend hours watching me hunt (that is if I can even get permission). It hard.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My problem is I don't know how to rsearch places to hunt. If I find old houses I don't know how to get permission. Abandoned places are torture 'cause the owners would probably let me hunt... but i dont know how to find the owner and i refuse to hunt without permission. If i find old towns I need someone willing to drive me on a long day trip and spend hours watching me hunt (that is if I can even get permission). It hard.
I never hunt anywhere without permission from owners either. There are some good resources here on the forums under research and getting permission. If the house is abandoned it came be difficult to get permission. But if you can look up owner info on your county website you can send them a letter explaining what you do and asking for permission. I have found that often times abandoned homes are owned by a house next door or close by. If the owner lives in home then simply knock on the door and ask. It can be a little scary the first time but it gets easier as you go. You will find that almost everyone is nice and most will say yes if you are polite. If you are underage and need an adult to come with you then that might be harder but they can help you door knock as well.

I use historical aerials website to find old home sites and then look up owner info on county assessor website for some permissions and door knock for the rest. To be honest I find more silver in public parks than private property permissions so don't overlook old public parks. There is a lot of silver left in public areas and most city's allow metal detecting. Some require a permit like Omaha where I live. A permit is only $5 for 5 years here so that is not bad.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the productive hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread