wormnblack
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2007
- Messages
- 71
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Dyersburg, TN
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250
I am wanting to build some sifting boxes. One course and one for the finer items. Does anyone have any plans on how to build them? I was also thinking about building a rocker of some sort so I wouldn't have to hold them myself. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanx.
Upvote
0
Hey treasure tales, I went to work after I made my post. While at work, I came up with an idea. First, build a four post frame. Somewhere near the top attach four flat metal pieces (bolted in?) to use as rocker arms; two on either side, of course. These arms will be bolted in to the first "course" tray holding frame with the actual sifter as a seperate piece that will fit into the holding area. Under that, build slots into the frame for the "fine" items box. Being less stuff in this tray than in the other, it shouldn't be no problem to take out the first tray-dump it- and then slide out the bottom tray to fit into the rocker to sift through this dirt, etc.
Besides, it's been raining and freezing here, anyway. But whatever the final result, I'll post some pics, and I'll give a price list for the materials. Lowes is my new best friend! :P Thanks and the best of luck with yours!!!







