Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally run mine at -1 vferrari was interested in if affected depth.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also typically run mine at -1. Interesting results, thanks for testing!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Perhaps another myth shattered. Thanks CD.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it affects iron separation or bleed through??????????????? A higher silencer setting sure helps with identifying pry-caps.

tabman

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen a few miths shattered with Callabash's videos in the past few days. Totally changes how I hunt with ground notch and silencer settings.
Having pretty good results these days just pulling relics from previous areas I thought where hunted out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still need to do more testing with the silencer so don't everyone go raising it just yet.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still to hot to put on headphones. Just checking in on ya, be back in a couple.
IMG_0067.JPG

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
interesting CD. i usually run it at 0 or -1 but in those crazy yards full of iron and other pieces of scrap metal i usually have a heck of a time trying to settle the deus down enough to not hear constant chatter. sometimes i have to do try all sorts of things like raise disc, or lower tx or lower sens but i haven't tried using the silencer to see if that would help, so i will work on that to see if it helps. i have the mindset of hearing reports that silencer will impact depth but IF it helps settle the machine down enough to get some good finds then it will be worth it. I'll keep ya'll posted.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Running silencer +4 at the beach and now walk right past those pesky crown caps. I think the HF coil also has something to do with unmasking them. They now consistently sound like crap. Yes! And still picking up plenty of coins. No gold yet this summer, but it will come. Got my first Dollar coin with the Deus this weekend and the 9"HF. Sweet. I do not think I am losing anything by going full silencer at the beach. Regular dirt fishing, I might give it a second thought, but I do not run into as many crown caps in the dirt as I do at the beach so I can probably live without it or with it dialed down. Again, I think running at 56khz alone flushes those suckers out.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will be picking up either the 9' HF or the elliptical. Mostly for high iron filled sites.
Give me some thoughts on either one.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still to hot to put on headphones. Just checking in on ya, be back in a couple.
View attachment 1476751
Nice fish there my friend, some days I think I should be doing that type of fishing and not poking around in the dirt!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't yet to be honest about the hf coils and iron. I have been testing the elliptical coil in iron and its not a bad coil BUT is there a 400.00 worth difference in the hf coils for relic hunting????? That's the question ive been asking myself I really didn't see that much of better separation on the iron in my test but I still need to do some more nail test to see if it REALLY does any better. As for the hf goes I hunted mainly with it in 14 kh and doubt I would ever use 30kh or 74 kh for relics very much. I'm sure of this though a guy would have a better chance of hitting a gold coin with the hf coil at depth in higher frequencys. It will hit small targets great, its just a question oh would I ever use the higher frequencys for relics. I don't know why deus just cant design a small coil for relics. I WILL ADD THIS THOUGH the hf coils ability to handle emi is a BIG plus and might be worth 400.00 in and of its self.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good points, about the HF coils. I am wondering if a regular 9 inch coil would suit my needs for high iron better. I'm thinking after watching videos of the separation in heavy iron its not that amazing yes it will hit the lower conducting targets better but how many buttons and lead seals does one need?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can never have enough buttons...lol. And from a relic standpoint, I think it will be a brass magnet at hf, especially in hot ground. We'll see this fall. High conductors, though, nothing to write home about. Decent performance at 14 khz but no better than the legacy coil at 12khz. Good EMI performance might be a positive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread