Silver 1pc button found at CW hospital today!?

U

umrgolf

Hello again! Went back to the same site you all saw on the video from two days ago.. I didn't stay long and left as soon as I dug this button. I'll be posting it in the What is it forum also.. Let this button be a testament to re-checking your holes. I dug 2 beaver-tail pulltabs out that were right on top, rescanned the hole and got a silver dime signal 6" down and out popped this button. You can see on the back where the shank once was. I don't know if it has any historical significance or how old it might be, but I love it ;D HH Jeff

Front
IMG_0004.JPG

Back
IMG_0005.JPG

Group (3 ringer, carved 3 ringer, hook, shell, pottery)
IMG_0006.JPG

front of carved bullet
IMG_0007.JPG

back of bullet
IMG_0008.JPG

Upvote 0
That's sure a nice looking button, really like the design. :icon_thumright:

Re: Silver 1pc button found at CW hospital today!

Super nice button. Not up on my buttons to be any help...

Rechecking your holes. something a forget to do all to often! :violent1:

Thanks guys, and yes Seger always recheck your holes.. Even if I don't get a signal I still stick my Garret propointer back in the hole to see if there's anything down there and every now and again you'll get lucky :thumbsup:

umrgolf2000 said:
Thanks guys, and yes Seger always recheck your holes.. Even if I don't get a signal I still stick my Garret propointer back in the hole to see if there's anything down there and every now and again you'll get lucky :thumbsup:

That is one of the smartest things anyone has ever said on here, rechecking with a pin pointer. A friend of mine does that & you'd be surprised with the very small items he recovers that the detector doesn't find! Excellent tip.

seger98 said:
umrgolf2000 said:

That is one of the smartest things anyone has ever said on here, rechecking with a pin pointer. A friend of mine does that & you'd be surprised with the very small items he recovers that the detector doesn't find! Excellent tip.

The best find I've ever made without getting a signal with the metal detector and getting one with the pinpointer was a Victorian era cameo pin..

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 880
I think it's a civilian type button. It could be silver and not just plated. I'm thinking it's from the 1700's but could be wrong. A cool button though.

vayank54 said:
I think it's a civilian type button. It could be silver and not just plated. I'm thinking it's from the 1700's but could be wrong. A cool button though.

Thanks man, I'm not sure how old it is but that hospital site was built in 1855 I believe and there was no colonial activity there as the town only dates to around the same timeframe but the button is solid throughout.. I think it might be an alloy with just a lower percentage of silver... It hit like a silver dime and pings like silver when u flip it.. Jeff

rtde3 said:
Very Cool looking Button! Congrats on the other finds also!

thanks rtd, I'm still waiting for a period coin to turn up out there... I want a halfdime so bad I can taste it :laughing7: (halfdimes- 0)

Nice finds,This weekend is going to be one for the books. :thumbsup:

penniesmine said:

Yes, for those reading the replies... penniesmine and myself just knocked down permission to hunt some woods right across the street from a 1730's church!! You can literally throw a rock and hit this place from these woods.. Owner says it was a cornfield that he let grow up so finds shouldnt be super deep :hello2: cant go til this weekend tho per owner

umrgolf2000 said:
penniesmine said:

Owner says it was a cornfield that he let grow up so finds shouldnt be super deep

No, many can be super deep. :) The good news is everything will be well settled making for good sounding targets.

Congrats. That is a really nice button.
Dman
Dman
Dman

BobinSouthVA said:
Awesome button. Love the design on it and its in great shape.

Grats

Thanks Bob, how ya been man? We need to get together soon and do a lil diggin

Brian W said:
Very nice button...They are one of my favorite things to dig :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Brian, they are pretty nice when they're silver and old :laughing7: I like the plain ones too ;D

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
penniesmine said:

Owner says it was a cornfield that he let grow up so finds shouldnt be super deep

No, many can be super deep. :) The good news is everything will be well settled making for good sounding targets.

oh yes IP, I think you misunderstood me.. as opposed to ALL the finds being deep at least some of them should be fairly shallow due to the plow :thumbsup:

Dman said:
Dman
Dman
Dman

Thanks Dman 8)

Amazing detailed silver button. :o :o :o .Congrats UMR,very nice relics ,also ..My favs. on T-N are the oldfinds,and u are providing alot of great discoveries this winter..Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: Mike

Aw man that is one cool looking button. Congrats on your other saves as well :headbang:

Cw

umrgolf2000 said:
BobinSouthVA said:
Awesome button. Love the design on it and its in great shape.

Grats

Thanks Bob, how ya been man? We need to get together soon and do a lil diggin

Brian W said:
Very nice button...They are one of my favorite things to dig :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Brian, they are pretty nice when they're silver and old :laughing7: I like the plain ones too ;D

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
penniesmine said:

oh yes IP, I think you misunderstood me.. as opposed to ALL the finds being deep at least some of them should be fairly shallow due to the plow :thumbsup:

Dman said:
Dman
Dman
Dman

Thanks Dman 8)

DUH... I somehow read "should" on that one. A ploughed field that has been settled for years, and especially if short, is my favourite place to hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back