What's new

silver 71D

oroh2o

Full Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Posted on here a while back asking for info on a 1971D silver half. (found while CRH.) Not much help so went to a couple of coin shops with the same results. Finally looked in the ol' Redbook one day and guess what? The exact quote is "A few of the pieces dated 1971D and 1977D were struck in silver clad in error". Mystery solved, guess I'm a little slow these days. Any guess on value? Thanks........L
 
Upvote 0
So, it was confirmed at the coin store? What did they do besides weighing it. It would be worth a fair amount. I would get in validated through one of the better grading companies. I think one of them does validation.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I found a pair of black edged halves a few months ago. One was a 1971, the other a 77. In the same box.

They looked like silver, but the dates were non-silver dates (so I thought) so I just let them go.

The very day after I turned them in with my box, I found out about this.

Oh well.

Easy come, easy go.
 
I would be very spectical about buying one on Ebay. I would want to see it in person first to try and make sure it is silver.
 
utah hunter said:
Watch this one and that should give you an idea of value: http://cgi.ebay.com/Choice-BU-1971-...ryZ41104QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Some of those error coins are hard to price. If it is valuable anacs is a lower cost way to certify coins and are great with the error coins. Good luck, sweet finds...Ryan

That is obviously a misnamed ad. people still refer to Ikes as silver dollars, when they're not. I sent the seller an inquiry on this one. Look for an ad change shortly. ;)
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Dat auction ain't no silver! Boy, if dat's real silver, it's worf $750-$1500, on account of various unkown conditions and such. Respek "The Game" and watch your endz, boy! Fool walk up to me aksin "had dis been one dem whatchacall silver planchet errrs?", I'd be like "nawh ni$$a, dat's jus regulr ol' coin wit da kennedy head on it, i'mma do you a solid and break dat down into two case quotas, save you sum pocket space and such...'preciate cha shawddy!"
 
awhitster said:
I would be very spectical about buying one on Ebay. I would want to see it in person first to try and make sure it is silver.

Actually the one pictured in the ebay ad above does not look like silver at all to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom