SILVER! a place to find tons of it!

Gold_Striker

Sep 27, 2010
Denver,CO
Detector(s) used
xterra 705 by minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was working in Georgetown.Colorado and while I was working a local educated me. It seems that during the 1800's we went from a bi metal currency to a single metal ? Well the mines in Georgetown began to collect only gold and so they just tossed out the silver. Piles and Piles of rich silver ore lay on the mountain side above Georgetown,CO.

Now I am not sure if any of you know this but silver has not yet hit it's all time high and it will produce the biggest gains once the third stage of the precious metals bull market (a currency crisis)happens.

So it is my guess if you follow the guidelines set by the known laws in the area you could pick up tons of silver for free!

Well this forum has served me and it is my pleasure to give you any possible info I can offer you back.

long live treasurenet! :hello2:

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Good luck and I hope you find a big pile of the stuff, though I am having trouble understanding the old timers story.

The US was on a bimetallic (gold and silver) standard up until the Civil War. During the war it was switched to a fiat currency, then afterward back to a single metal gold standard. I don't believe this would necessarily mean silver was so cheap at the time that it would be trashed.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sounds cool to me- post lots of silver pics from that location if your going there... :icon_thumright:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Actually, kind of late in the 1800's. Colorado didn't become a state until August 1, 1876. Georgetown, Colorado wasn't founded until about 1859, according to the preponderance of evidence (or is that just guesswork?). US continued on the Gold Standard of trading gold at $35/ounce until President Nixon repealed it in 1973. After '73, gold (and silver and other metals) started making sudden, jerky upward jumps. Today, gold is above $1600/ounce. Makes you wish you'd save an ounce or two from '73, doesn't it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread