silver, a trashed medallion, and some golf course memorabilia.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detecting club that I belong to, had the opportunity to hunt a golf course - country club that was established in 1905 and shut down in 2018. This was the second time (although it was my first) that the club has hunted this place in the last year. My first good dig was the '64 silver Rosie, followed by the medallion, and 2 - 1920 Wheats. I also started digging the big round Greens markers, and found the driving range, as I pulled 2 of those yard markers out. I just finished giving one a coat of Rust preventative and it cleaned up nicely. Just a few pieces of golf course memorabilia from a local historical place. There were 40 members present, and we pulled 10 silvers and one very chunky gold ring in the 5 hour 90 degree heat. Numerous other finds were made, such as a good for 5 cent token and a watch fob from a golf course in Orlando Florida. My poor medallion looks like it lost a fight with a lawnmower. I was at least able to straighten it in a vice.

Attachments

• golf course.jpg
    golf course.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
  • golf course 1.jpg
    golf course 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
  • golf course 2.jpg
    golf course 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • golf course 3.jpg
    golf course 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • golf course 4.jpg
    golf course 4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • golf course 5.jpg
    golf course 5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
Upvote 10
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! How’s the trash in the area? I’m just guessing but I’d think there’s not a lot of typical trash we find in parks. Love the markers, I bet those rang up loud and clear!

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! How’s the trash in the area? I’m just guessing but I’d think there’s not a lot of typical trash we find in parks. Love the markers, I bet those rang up loud and clear!
Trash was minimal, although we did dig some. It was not littered like your typical park. Loud and clear does not begin to describe how they rang up !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread