What's new

Silver and Military

HYMBAW

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
Location
G-Rap
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found my first silver quarter (started MDing last Labor Day) and a US Army Corps of Engineers button. Haven't been able to precisely date the button, but I'm thinking WWII era. 20140621_215812.webp20140621_215855.gif
 
Nice, congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Nice digs. None in my military button book just like it. Looks pretty modern?
 
Last edited:
Nice Silver GW Quarter find :thumbsup:. Button looks pretty sweet too!
If there are markings on the back - Google the name to try to find out more about it
 
Congrats on your first silver quarter. :hello2: Neat looking button, too. WTG

HH
 
I just found that same button on a site that dates back to the 1840's. No idea how old it is, but I could find NO INFO when searching online. Can't be too modern as nobody has lived on this property since at least the 1970's.

It appeared old to me, judging from the back of the coin.

I remember the back of mine said "PARIS" and had a few letters too. I'll have to dig it out of the "keepers box"
 
Mine says 'WATERBURY BUTTON CO" around the top, and 'CONN.' on the bottom of the back.
 
Great score on the silver GW :thumbsup: cool button ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom