Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old school house in a very small community about 40 miles west of my home this morning about daylight. It was an old fashioned school I'm guessing it was built in the 1920s? It had a large bell out front like all schools use to have long ago. I spent about an hour and a half just going over the front of the school property mostly at random. I found some clad as usual, part of a toy car, an icecream token and a smalll silver fillagree ring. The token was along a sidewalk about two inches deep and showed up as a quarter on my ACE 250. It appears to be made of brass or copper and is about the size of a quarter the front is inscribed Flavor Burst, Redeem at a participating store. On the back is an icecream cone. I never heard of Flavor Burst icecream and have no idea where a participating store might be! I also have no idea how old it is, but it cleaned up really nice with a little Kaboom and a bristle brush. The ring was at 4" beneath an old cedar tree and it showed up on my lcd as a dime. It had multiple auditory tones as opposed to the usual back and forth two tones so I suspected it was something other than a dime. It has a black onyx looking stone in the center and yellew glass chips all around that gave it a strange sheen in the sun. I suppose the chips are glass, but they could be diamond chips? And the usual 925 was stamped inside the band. Anyway, I had a pretty successful morning and it made the drive worthwhile.

Attachments

• Old School Yard.JPG
    Old School Yard.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 631
  • Icecream token 2.JPG
    Icecream token 2.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 627
  • Icecream Token.JPG
    Icecream Token.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 620
  • Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    Filagree Silver Ring.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 622
  • Fillagree ring 2.JPG
    Fillagree ring 2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 624
  • Fillagree Ring 3.JPG
    Fillagree Ring 3.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats a nice ring monty! looks like a great morning to me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread