Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was beeping for hours at a new permission, a clean yard, with almost no targets. Among my few targets I found a vintage sterling brooch. :headbang:The pin on the back is intact, but the clasp is bent.
IMG_0377.JPG
Also was happy to find an Indian Head cent, just my third ever, dated 1902.
IMG_0378.JPG
Also found the business part of an old telephone...too bad it wasn't a pay phone! ha!
IMG_0376.JPG
Finally, I found this Chinese coin, an unexpected find here in Ft. Myers, wish I knew how old it is.
IMG_0379.JPGIMG_0381.JPG

Thanks for looking!:hello:

Upvote 14
Nice assortment

Nice I really like that brooch ! :occasion14: Great saves there :icon_thumleft:

Cool assortment of finds. :thumbsup: The brooch and coins are keepers.

That's pretty rad Dave. Finding jewelry is nice because you can give it to the girlfriend or wife. I once gave my wife earrings I found.

I wonder the age of that beaut?

that broach is really cool, that Chinese coin is too, man those are hard as hell to date

great finds!

That's pretty rad Dave. Finding jewelry is nice because you can give it to the girlfriend or wife. I once gave my wife earrings I found.

I wonder the age of that beaut?
Certainly a "vintage" piece... 50's or 60's if I had to guess... I looked on the google images, and, as usual, couldn't find a match.

Killer finds Dave! I bet that dial blew your ears off. :)

Killer finds Dave! I bet that dial blew your ears off. :)

It sure did!!! 90+ on he pro....I could have made a list a mile long as what the target could be....a telephone dial would not have been on that list.:laughing7:

The silver brooch is excellent ! I think it's a touch earlier - more like 30's - 40's . Is there a wee hallmark on the underside or
edge ? (love to see it cleaned up a bit )

The silver brooch is excellent ! I think it's a touch earlier - more like 30's - 40's . Is there a wee hallmark on the underside or
edge ? (love to see it cleaned up a bit )

Not that I could see..I will check again... the backside, one of the flowers, does read "sterling".. Older? awesome!!!

That brooch is Sweet!!

Last edited:
Oh man that brooch is nice!

Though not the most valuable, the phone dial is the coolest item of your digs. THAT is the conversation piece when someone asks you what is one of the strangest things you've uncovered.

Congrats on the sweet finds. Silver and coins... yeah!

sweet broach and the IH looks like it still has nice detail. WTG on the saves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back