What's new

Silver! but not what I expected....

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to go hunt a vacant lot that I been to a few times, I have found wheats and silver there... and as I suspected in the 3 hours I was there I only popped out 3 coins... a penny, a nickle, a dime... well the nickle is a first for me its a 1943 S SILVER!!! I know I know my first silver nickle 20 years of hunting... its sad... and the dime is a 1906 Barber dime!!!(its paper thin) but still a barber

I know this is new stuff for most of you but its good stuff for us out here in Texas... Thanks for looking...
 

Attachments

  • Silver Obverse.webp
    Silver Obverse.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 721
  • Silver Reverse.webp
    Silver Reverse.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0
Cool, Any day you dig a silver coin is a good day.
 
Great finds, congrats!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Great Finds,
Compare the silver content of a war nickel to that of a dime and they are not too far off ... Perhaps that worn thin dime actually has less silver now than the nickel... Anyway great finds! A Barber is always a good day.
 
Thanks for all the comments... I really appreciate it!


Chukers
 
Awesome find. I wouldn't worry bout how long it takes the point is you found one. relax. :coffee2:
 
good coins in my book :read2: nice uns :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
 
Doesn't matter what how old it it. Silver is ALWAYS good!



TG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom