SILVER,car wreck and ............

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys I haven't had a chance to post in a while so I thought I'd show you some finds from the last week. I have two new sites to hunt that have a lot of promise for old coins and artifacts. one site is 8 acres that used to be a dump site for the city incinerators from the 30's to about 1956. I found my second silver on my first day of hunting it :thumbsup:. It's a merc in real bad shape,but silver is silver. I also found alot of bottles and an old brass make-up compact. On the other site I found three wheats, matchbox cars, a combination lighter and knife. As I went to leave I found an old brioche, I almost threw it in the trash pile until l saw the pin on the back. I went yesterday to a dirt pile that was dug from downtown Pensacola. I found some old pieces of some 1700's bottles,and pottery but i lost my digging knife :sad5:. Local Md's have been finding alot of old stuff in this dirt pile, when i was there so were 3 other people. I went home and built a sifting screen and i'm going back this week, i will keep you posted on my finds. Anyway thanks for looking and HH Bighead.

Attachments

• new md 1.jpg
    new md 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 422
  • new md 2.jpg
    new md 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 427
  • new md 3.jpg
    new md 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 428
  • new md 4.jpg
    new md 4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 422
  • new md 5.jpg
    new md 5.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 417
  • new md 6.jpg
    new md 6.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 416
  • new md 7.jpg
    new md 7.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 424
  • new md 8.jpg
    new md 8.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 420
  • new md 9.jpg
    new md 9.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: Thats a lot of dig time. Keep it comin. :icon_pirat:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
find a knife lose a knife -- seems your still up over all

West Coast Fever

May 13, 2008
SF South Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Hey Bighead,

I found a compact exactly like the one you show there. I found mine at a site where 3 home were ripped down some months back. the homes are on a street that has been there since the late 1800s. I only found one wheatie, and some 50s coinage, but there is so much crap in the ground it is hard to decide when to dig or not. Every inch is a signal of mostly iron. A few of them turned up some square nails, which is really cool, and gives a better detail to the potential age of the buildings that were on the site.

Good luck on your dirt pile.

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Congrats on the silver and great looking bottles. Can't wait to see what the sifter will show. Good luck and HH.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Check to see if your camera has a "Macro" mode or a picture/icon of a flower, try that for the close up photos. Most modern digital cameras have this feature. GL, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread