Silver clad, an exciting first for me...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rained off and on all day, the fields were wet and it started raining on my way home from work so I grudgingly decided I would not detect this evening. After surfing the forums I saw a forum friend had posted a beautiful 1892 Morgan Silver Dollar he had found near a long gone school and that Wiley Coyote light bulb lit up. I have a small section of woods near a school/playground and housing area on the Neubruecke Army post I have always wanted to detect but, there are always kids there and I really do not like to be bothered by those little crumb snatchers. There is also a Celtic grave site near this area and I have pulled a few silver Quarters and Wheats from the area. Since it was raining, I thought it was a great opportunity as the kids would not be outside so I went for it, just a few minutes away from the apartment and there is always a chance for Celtic or Roman here as well. First target was a memorial Penny, then another penny, a few pieces of can slaw then another aluminum type signal. I dug a plug and out pops a 1969 JFK Half Dollar, something like 40% silver. Made my day!!! HH, Mike

Upvote 0
CRUMB SNATCHERS, LMAO! my new favorite word! Great job on the silver brother!

Crackbadger

Hey, at least the rain let you MD in peace. WTG on half!

Good find on the Kennedy, I've only found 2 this year. What happened to your pics?

Hey Mike,
I'll swap a hunt with you and put you on clad/silver if you'll put me on Roman and Celtic. hehe
Actually, the half dollars are becoming very scarce now....clad or silver, but we still have an abundance of dimes and quarters not to mention the aggravating memorial pennies.
I always enjoy your post.
Ron

I'll post a picture of the Half in a few hours, did not think anyone would care to see it and since it has rained all day, gonna skip the hunt this evening and clean my apartment, LOL. Ron, I can't find anything old like Celtic or Roman and I live on the Sirona Trail. Detected as close as I dare get to a Celtic Fortress Tuesday (500BC) and found a lovely hammered square nail, that was it, LOL. HH, Mike

I bet you got a kick out of that Mike.....Congrat's and HH!!

I got a big kick finding that Half Civilman! Sorry, not going to be able to make the picture post I committed to. I will get it up when I do another picture post, I ran out of time, LOL. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back