Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather has been great and with the days now longer I was able to get in a couple of hunts this week. I went over a a few of my old spots that I haven't hunted in a while. It's fun to challenge yourself to go over different areas and work the trash to try and sneak out a few keepers. I lucked up on a few silver coins and some other neat pieces like the kids Junior Fire Marshall ring and that "53" tag was deep and looks old, I imagine it's an old livestock tag but I've been told it could be a miners tag as well. The token is from the Star & Crescent Ferry Company out of San Diego and far away from home. The Civil War Bullet there is an Enfield with "L2" stamped in the base. There's not much info for the different stamps on these type of bullets but they seem to be harder to find. Well I hope everyone is finding some time to hunt. Good Luck out there, David.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458819798.061731.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458819830.544764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458819863.677939.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458819886.339558.jpg

Upvote 17

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! 7 silver coins in one hunt would make my year!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done SD. As usual, nice pics and a good read.

The hand full of silver is really sweet... but that "53" tag looks really old. Maybe a coat check tag, or tool tag? It looks like cast brass. OK, I will move along now..

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. I find if I leave a site alone for a few years things in the ground seem to change and I can hear signals that just weren't there before, or at least you couldn't hear them.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That tag is perfect! I really like the colors you left on that one after cleaning. Definitely my favorite of your finds.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang,all that silver is blinding! Congrats on a nice hunt. That brass tag has such a great color.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice looking finds. I really like that ring

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice silver pile Dave. I enjoy digging marbles, but I have to get my detector settings just right;) lol

I agree with Tom. The patina on that tag suggests it's old. Reminds me of IHC patina. Perhaps the same age?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice silver pile Dave. I enjoy digging marbles, but I have to get my detector settings just right;) lol

I agree with Tom. The patina on that tag suggests it's old. Reminds me of IHC patina. Perhaps the same age?

See Dave... everyone likes that tag. You gotta show us better pics of that item. It really looks like old timey cast brass, but I can't tell. Perhaps someone can ID the font's age range... just a thought... quit laughing...

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. I find if I leave a site alone for a few years things in the ground seem to change and I can hear signals that just weren't there before, or at least you couldn't hear them.

Yeah that's the way to do it Steve. I have learned there is such a thing as regeneration. A good year of rain or a hard freeze can bring a site back to life. Another reason that a place is never hunted out.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tag is perfect! I really like the colors you left on that one after cleaning. Definitely my favorite of your finds.

Thanks Old Dude! Yeah the old tag and the Enfield lead are my favorite finds out of these.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Scrappy. it would be nice to detect marbles or Indian artifacts. Yeah the tag is old for sure and has a great patina.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Dave... everyone likes that tag. You gotta show us better pics of that item. It really looks like old timey cast brass, but I can't tell. Perhaps someone can ID the font's age range... just a thought... quit laughing...

Thanks Tom, The tag is definitely old just by going by the depth it was at. I will try to get some close up pics of it when I get home.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tom, here's a close up of the old tag. It measures about 1 3/8" across. Pretty sure it's brass with that dark green patina. Sure would like to know if was a tag for anything specific.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458855178.103467.jpg

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atta boy Soops!!!! Love the silvers buddy. Keep kicking a$$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread