jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm shure it wont hurt to rinse them good in fresh water, just in case. Congrats on the finds & good luck ; jeff

C

Copper

sherpa t said:
I found some pretty clean silver coins ( us currency ) from the beach sand in Daytona ( salt water ) Can I just keep them as is , ?? or will have being exposed to the salt cause problems, corrosion, later on.
Thanks,

You could soak them in distilled water for a few weeks to remove salt. Then dry them and heat them a little with a hairblower than coat them with a good wax made for metal. A car wax will work and some use bees wax, but I use Renaissance wax which was specially formulated for coins and metal in general. Ren wax is available online but it's not cheap. The idea is the remove salt, dry the coin, and seal it.

D

Darod

Wow,

Great answer Copper! I just learned a thing or too myself :)

Rod

OP
OP
S

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
I've found it to be pretty good, but quite grouped, some area's are consistently popping out a few older coins each time. Yet some area's are consistently poor, it's tapering off a bit now as the good NE ster storm has been awhile. But if it's warm this week the newer stuff should start to come in with the visitors.
Might hit it this week wend. if the weather clears today and Tue. and puts some people on the sand.
Saw some excellent finds posted after the Ne ster - and a beach cam site . Try to find them for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread