What's new

Silver coins Start ?

coin finder

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
343
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, All it's ChopperJoe... I Have a Question---> can any one tell me when they started making U.S. Silver coins---> What year ? and when they stop making them ? Thanks ---> AKA --> Joe :hello: :hello: :hello:
 
I'm a foriegner lol, but i believe they stopped making silver dimes in 1964-1965. About all i know sorry.
 
Since the inception of U.S. currency (1790s) to 1964 the created coins in silver for circulation. Then for a few years they made 40% half dollars for circulation. You should grab your self a red book. They do a great job of explaining U.S. coinage and you get to see what everything is worth.

ynp
 
Do a Google search for "history U.S. silver coins", or, something similar, and you will find a LOT of info. The dates and the percentage of silver varies with the denomination. I know, not much help, but, your question requires more than I am willing to type or look up, copy and paste. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom