What's new

Silver Day at the Roman Site...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.5 hours in the rain showers. My hunch of this annex to the site limits finally paid off.

12 Scrappies
Silver Roman of Faustina Senior AD 150ish
First ever imitation Roman Silver (clipped on two edges)
Hammered Medieval Italian Soldino

Now finished the limit of this area, need to track down another at the weekend (if other fields are not available).
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 802
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 776
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 763
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0
briankb70 said:
do you ever have a bad day ?
WTG :headbang:

Not when out detecting (still a good day learning, if I get nothing), but last Saturday was pretty void of finds...
 
great finds as normal beautiful coins :icon_thumright:
 
Silver Searcher said:
briankb70 said:
do you ever have a bad day ?
WTG :headbang:
Plenty :(

funny thing is, about 3 years ago & into my distant past, I had plenty of bad days. However, I can't seem to go wrong at the moment. I think, its the combination of several factors:
Lots of choice of land.
Knowing which areas to hit.
Practice at a speedy recovery.
XP.
Searching in a grid formation.
Searching with Dad, covering more land.
History of the local area.
Spending plenty of time.


SS, you must do most of the above, so what is it that you think contributes to plenty of Bad Days?
 
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
briankb70 said:
do you ever have a bad day ?
WTG :headbang:
Plenty :(

funny thing is, about 3 years ago & into my distant past, I had plenty of bad days. However, I can't seem to go wrong at the moment. I think, its the combination of several factors:
Lots of choice of land.
Knowing which areas to hit.
Practice at a speedy recovery.
XP.
Searching in a grid formation.
Searching with Dad, covering more land.
History of the local area.
Spending plenty of time.


SS, you must do most of the above, so what is it that you think contributes to plenty of Bad Days?
Biggest factor for me....

having plenty of land, but only a small percentage being good.

take the farm were the Gold stirrup ring come from, great area, loads of history, moated mannor house , Church dating back to Saxon times....but only a small hamlet, not a great lot has come from this area(which is quite large) so finds are few.

I have only started to do really well since finding our Villa field farm, five of my Banner finds have come from this area.

so for me it's the lack of busy land that give me the hard days :-\
 
Congratulations (once again) Crusader on some exquisite finds. :hello2:
Best wishes,
David.
 
Very nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Once again man your finds never cease to amaze me! Keep the detector on the ground and the great finds coming! Happy Dirt Fishing.

-Dan
 
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
briankb70 said:
do you ever have a bad day ?
WTG :headbang:
Plenty :(

funny thing is, about 3 years ago & into my distant past, I had plenty of bad days. However, I can't seem to go wrong at the moment. I think, its the combination of several factors:
Lots of choice of land.
Knowing which areas to hit.
Practice at a speedy recovery.
XP.
Searching in a grid formation.
Searching with Dad, covering more land.
History of the local area.
Spending plenty of time.


SS, you must do most of the above, so what is it that you think contributes to plenty of Bad Days?
Biggest factor for me....

having plenty of land, but only a small percentage being good.

take the farm were the Gold stirrup ring come from, great area, loads of history, moated mannor house , Church dating back to Saxon times....but only a small hamlet, not a great lot has come from this area(which is quite large) so finds are few.

I have only started to do really well since finding our Villa field farm, five of my Banner finds have come from this area.

so for me it's the lack of busy land that give me the hard days :-\

Well, hopefully you will pinpoint a few more villa type sites. I know I have 3 more like this to hit this year, plus maybe another 1 (seen good crop marks).
 
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
briankb70 said:
do you ever have a bad day ?
WTG :headbang:
Plenty :(

funny thing is, about 3 years ago & into my distant past, I had plenty of bad days. However, I can't seem to go wrong at the moment. I think, its the combination of several factors:
Lots of choice of land.
Knowing which areas to hit.
Practice at a speedy recovery.
XP.
Searching in a grid formation.
Searching with Dad, covering more land.
History of the local area.
Spending plenty of time.


SS, you must do most of the above, so what is it that you think contributes to plenty of Bad Days?
Biggest factor for me....

having plenty of land, but only a small percentage being good.

take the farm were the Gold stirrup ring come from, great area, loads of history, moated mannor house , Church dating back to Saxon times....but only a small hamlet, not a great lot has come from this area(which is quite large) so finds are few.

I have only started to do really well since finding our Villa field farm, five of my Banner finds have come from this area.

so for me it's the lack of busy land that give me the hard days :-\

Well, hopefully you will pinpoint a few more villa type sites. I know I have 3 more like this to hit this year, plus maybe another 1 (seen good crop marks).
We will hammer the Villa field for most of this year and into next year, this will take up 95% of our detecting for the next three to four years ;D
 
Searching with Dad, covering more land.

Glad to see some silver coming off this field.

By the way, how is Crudad.

Randy
 
RPG said:
Searching with Dad, covering more land.

Glad to see some silver coming off this field.

By the way, how is Crudad.

Randy

The reason rain, has made it soft enough for Cru'dad to have his first hunt last night. He was on his own, as I was knacked, & I will post later (not much to show really).
 
"Therefore I was more likely to get a Silqilua than a Denarius, "
Oh, I don't know how many times I've had that problem out here in Denver. ;D
God, do I love seeing your posts.
Kudos.
Cheers.
Carl
I dug a Mercury dime today.
Mercury (associated with the Greek deity Hermes) (pronounced /ˈmɜrkjʊri/, Latin: Mercurius La-cls-Mercurius.ogg He was a messenger, [1] and a god of trade, profit and commerce, the son of Maia Maiestas, also known as Ops, the Roman version of Rhea, and Jupiter.

A 1940, by the way.
1940, AD
 
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
"Therefore I was more likely to get a Silqilua than a Denarius, "
Oh, I don't know how many times I've had that problem out here in Denver. ;D
God, do I love seeing your posts.
Kudos.
Cheers.
Carl
I dug a Mercury dime today.
Mercury (associated with the Greek deity Hermes) (pronounced /ˈmɜrkjʊri/, Latin: Mercurius La-cls-Mercurius.ogg He was a messenger, [1] and a god of trade, profit and commerce, the son of Maia Maiestas, also known as Ops, the Roman version of Rhea, and Jupiter.

A 1940, by the way.
1940, AD

Yeah, very familar with Mercury, as he was one of the most popular Romano-British God :icon_thumright:
 
beautiful finds :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom